iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hildago and The Terminal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hildago and The Terminal
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom rented these 2 movies and has insisted that I watch them both. She has seen Hildago and said it was good, and I will like it, and she said The Terminal has Tom Hanks in it, and is suppose to be funny. If it was anything great, then I am sure I would have heard something about it, especially being around all you movie buffs, because I never even heard of it previewed at the movies, and here it is released on DVD already, so as bad as people want to be able to see a good movie, I figure if anything decent ever comes out, I would know.

Has anyone seen it??? I put it on here, cause it has Tom Hanks in it, and he is definately an 80's dude.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched The Terminal-I actually liked it, it was pretty good. It wasn't funny, like I thought it might be-in places it was, but was actually a little sad, this guy ends up stuck in the JFK airport because his country is at war while his plane is in the air, and their government is destroyed so he can't get in to the United States with out the right paperwork, which is a total bunch of political crap. It really was sad because all these people that worked there, knew he was stuck, knew he couldn't hardly speak English, and nobody would help him-I can't believe they went to their home every night and never once thought-I left a guy to live in the airport terminal with no food, he was there for over 9 months, and you can't believe in that amount of time that all these people don't just push him out the door. He befriends alot of people, and they like him, and they all then start treating him really nice, but it was a bummer how many people out of tens of thousands that pass through there constantly, that no one helped him. He was so nice to everybody too. The very beginning was kind of hard to believe that he just didn't walk out the door, but the more it went on the more you understand why he's there and the kind of person he was had alot to do with it. I actually recommend it for a new movie.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isis, The Terminal is a great film, except the sub plot with Catherine Zeta-Jones needed work on. Did you know it's based on a real guy still living in a French terminal he arrived at in 1988?

http://www.geektimes.com/michael/culture/reality/merhan-nasseri/stranded.html

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen The Terminal--Just last night, actually. It was really good. I liked it, and I agree about the Zeta-Jones subplot.

Oh, wow. I had no idea it was based on a true story. I feel so sorry for that man. [Frown] I hope things work out for him in the future--Even if it takes another ten years.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I didn't read the entire article, but my mom and husband had swore they thought it was based on a true story. If you see the movie Terminal, the guy that is the head of the airport he knows he made the guy stay there, and he just leaves him there to wander around with no money, no food, and that guy goes home every night to his family, and fresh air, and a home, now that is sick, if the real life man had to go through actually living in an airport, but I think what would be more realistic, would be just not being able to leave your country, because of paper work, but not being able to leave the actual airport, you could leave if you wanted to-like Tom Hanks just should have walked out. He could have got out a billion other ways than through the front door.

I really did like it. Catherine Zeta Jones really had no part, she didn't do anything for the story line at all, and she was a total flake. She barely even talked to him. But, it was better than most movies.

Here's the kicker, I just watched the movie The New Kids the night before this movie, they were made almost 20 years apart, and there was a guy that I knew I recognized in The Terminal from just having seen him in The New Kids, the actor's name is Eddie Jones, I looked him up and he's been in quite a few things, nothing really major that I have seen, so this was very weird, that without knowing it, I saw 2 movies 20 years apart from when they were made that stared the same guy (whom I had never even heard of before).
Weird????

The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by isis9968:
If you see the movie Terminal, the guy that is the head of the airport he knows he made the guy stay there, and he just leaves him there to wander around with no money, no food, and that guy goes home every night to his family, and fresh air, and a home, now that is sick,

isis, repeat after me:

It's only a movie...
It's only a movie...
It's only a movie...

[Wink]

besides, the guy who ended up being in charge of the terminal did it thinking Tom Hanks' character would ignore the rules like most people in his position would and just walk out (or run).

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awful!!
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home