iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Footloose 2004 ??!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Footloose 2004 ??!?
Tobey
Master Rewinder
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tobey   Email Tobey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the...!?

http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=630153

So what's up with this? Did I miss something?
A remake of Footloose?!?
Make it not so.
Do you know anything about this?

Posts: 173 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard last year that they were going to remake it. The article I read said it was going to have the same soundtrack plus 2 new songs.
Why?!? I thought it was perfectly good the first time. Why remake it?

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the immortal words of Mr. Bill: Ohhhh, nnoooo!
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok you can't remake a classic like footloose. it was a perfect 80s movie if they redo it will lose its orginal charm that made the movie work teen movies today just stink plan and simple
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There hasn't been much talk about it for a while now, so it might be stuck in turnaround. I personally feel it's a little too soon for a remake (I think a 30-year cushion is adequate between original and remake). We'll have to wait and see what happens here.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarLite
Rewind Curious
Member # 3519

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for StarLite   Email StarLite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1984 footloose is hard enough to sit through. Playing chicken with tractors? Its so blah. I don't kno why they would remake that but hopefully it will be better than the original. [Confused]
Posts: 10 | From: new england | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I know about is "Footloose" the musical, I haven't heard anything about a new movie. Hopefully it is just buzz about the musical and not a lame attempt on a remake.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This news makes me want to....

-

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home