iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80 Movie Experts please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80 Movie Experts please help
Pamorello
Rewind Curious
Member # 3522

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pamorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for the name of a couple of movies.

First, The only thing I can tell you about this movie is that there was this huge stump with a lot of holes in that you had to stick your hand in and there was a little green thing in there if you were not worthy it would bite you and it's bite was deadly; Sci-Fi. Any thoughts?

Second, This movie is like the BMX Movie RAD but with Motocross dirtbikes.

Third, This is about dieing in your dreams (Not Freddie) The end of the movie a good guy and bad guy are in a dream and the bad guy turns into a man with a cobra head. The good guy wins (Now that is descriptive if I don't say so my self).

Posts: 4 | From: Columbus OH | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The third movie is "Dreamscape" it dealt with the power of dreams.

"Dreamscape" (1984)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Is the second movie BMX bandits? Or the Dirt Bike kid? Wow, they are terrible.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first is FLASH GORDON,no?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first movie my friend is camp sci-fi classic
FLASH 'arrrrr-arrrrrrrrrrrr' GORDON

Flash found himself worthy, but the dude from UK kids show Blue(ooh-er)Peter was un-worthy and got bit by er....snot!

Truly... 'Gordon's alive'

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow i gotta say that was pretty good...!
You asked for '80 movie experts'
But 4 of us got the job done.
So cool and efficient are the rewinders...lets rock! [Big Grin]

sorry couldnt resist!!haha!!

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Rewinders... Let's ROCK!"

-
...Made me think of this image... [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Yes Nick,very cool.
Just one problem.....
Most of the dudes in this picture DIED.
So if the rewinders are to follow the example of outer space colonial marines,i figure only 3 of us and an android are destined to survive on this site.
Clearly Isis will be Ripley (how u doiiiinnnn).
I think Riv'(even though absent 4 a while)is the youngest here,so she can be Newt (ooh im pond life....sorry).
We need a strapping young dude with a penchant for going straight to video like Hicks (Mike B. hehe).I of course am available,but not so keen on the acid attack myself,so a show of hands for volunteers please.
And finally we need someone we can RIP in half while drinkin milk(!). Gotta say im kinda' stuck on this one.Anyone we hate???

Well this was pure silly self indulgence and i do apologise,but hey..! its Nicks fault [Wink]

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I volunteer to be Bishop...I like milk and I'm getting used to getting ripped to pieces... [Wink]
Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pamorello
Rewind Curious
Member # 3522

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pamorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all of you for your help. Flash Gordon is actually on Showtime right now. I will watch it to reconecct myself with this fantastic 80's classic.

"You're the best around"

Posts: 4 | From: Columbus OH | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pamorello
Rewind Curious
Member # 3522

Rate Member
Just took a look and "The Dirt Bike kid" & "BMX bandits" are not the movies I am talking about. The movie I a thinking of is the same story line as "RAD" just with dirt bikes.

One more movie question. This Sci-Fi Movie set in the future has a group of Kids who roller blade. They find this glowing sphere which greats a thunder cloud. The adults who run this camp/prison thing have a machine for torture when you are on or over this table it makes you think something is happening to you although it is not but scary none the less. It is used twice in this movie the first time a man thinks he is being attacked by ants the second time The head guy holds one of his officers arms over it and it starts decomposing and rotting away, until he pulls it away of course.

Any thoughts?

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie you are looking for is:

"Solarbabies" (1986)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home