iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Private School not released on DVD??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Private School not released on DVD??
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was supposed to come out today. It doesn't exist no matter where I look!! I'm totally frustrated. It was on my Amazon Wish List and now it's not there...it's like it disappeared! I've tried Best Buy and nothing. Please help! What happened? [Confused]

[ 23. November 2004, 12:59: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what i m so confused ? i wanted to go buy this movie tonight and now it doesn't exsist? what is wrong with the world !! Cindy and I need answers please help
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I preordered it and the afterschool specials through Amazon, and haven't received any of it, I think they billed my credit card too, I don't know how to look it up???
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
want me to help you isis? to look it up go to amazon and sign in and look at your account information if you need any help message me
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered it from DVDSoon a while back, the status used to say "Pre-Order" now it says "On Order" which means they didn't get any stock in before the release date (yesterday), checking the page for the DVD it says "to be determined" which means it hasn't been released yet and no new date has been set, or it won't be released. [Frown]

But on a good note my order from them of "Cloak & Dagger" is in 'packaging' status and "Star Wars Ewok Adventures: Caravan of Courage/The Battle for Endor" shipped yesterday [Smile]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I went and looked at my account, and it shows the afterschool specials will be shipped between Nov.26-Nov.27, but Private School is no where on there. Now that is freaky, it will pull up all orders in the past 6 months, and it shows the preorder for the afterschool specials, and I know I did Private School, now you guys got me wondering...what the heck is going on???
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll hazard a guess and say that maybe Universal wants to do a Special Edition of this title. TV footage, additional nude scenes (maybe), commentary...

Like I said, it's just a guess.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
But it already showed it was coming out right now, and showed the case with the artwork and everything, so it had to be pre made, right??
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, I know, it just vanished. I'm upset over this. Shouldn't they have at least explained why you won't be getting it. The box was great, I thought it was a go for sure. Ahhh, someone better get to the bottom of this! [Mad]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheResurrection
Master Rewinder
Member # 2326

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheResurrection   Email TheResurrection   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read it was delayed.

"Universal has now set an official date for the first time releases of Cloak & Dagger, Colossus: The Forbin Project, Commandments, The Cure, Little Miss Marker (1980), Missing, Splitting Heirs and Sweet Liberty. Private School will no longer be available as part of this collection - no reason has been given. The rest of the titles will form part of Universal's November 2004 Studio Selections, with each being available from the 23rd November this year. The retail prices should be set at around $9.99 a piece. I'm afraid we have no further details on these titles yet, although it's safe to say that these will mostly be barebones discs."

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4810&n=1&k=private+school&burl=r%3D0%26g%3Dinfo%26s%3D1%26k%3Dprivate%2Bschool%26x%3D10%26y%3D13

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
That is so unfair i was really looking forward to getting private school i love mathew modine and pheobie cates darn them at universal
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm bummed to the max! I was gonna watch this movie tonight, so sad. You sometimes wonder what runs through the minds of executives that decide which movies to release. I know there are copyright problems with older movies, but come on does it take 25 years to work all that out ya know?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
I can't seem to let this one rest. I'm really bummed that this got yanked. You're right Valley, the movie is over 20 years old. I mean come on! It's like don't make an announcement on your website and show us a dvd with new cover art that looks all fabulous and then pull the plug on the idea. What a tease...besides, I sold my VHS copy so now I'm up the creek. [Frown]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm..

i just find it odd that they haven't given any explanation as to why the release has been canceled or delayed. not cool.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Too Cool Ronnie! [Razz] It seems odd that they planned everything and then it fell through at the last minute. We wants answers.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Btw, if anyone wants to know..I'm so glad I snagged Cindy's VHS copy off ebay. Rewinder Rule #17, always have a back-up plan. [Wink]
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS...I got my afterschool specials Wednesday (nov 24)
Did you get yours yet?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Nope, I didn't get mine yet. Did you order them from Amazon.com? It said that mine should be mailed between Nov.26-Nov.27.

Mamamia, I sent you an email and a PM last week, have you received either of them?

JeffSpicoli
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2247

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JeffSpicoli   Email JeffSpicoli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well.. I can always count on you people to find out what's going on. I too was "****ed" about this. Sunday night I was having trouble finding the price that Best Buy or Tower Records was going to have it for. Then Monday night (eve of release) I get on there and its gone from everywhere. These company's are a bunch of goofs. They wonder why people go out and buy bootlegs instead from them. Prime example. You can find this on DVD on eBay. I believe this is a copy from a laserdisc. I bought Joysticks this way and it looks great. So don't blame me Universal for the loss of sale, blame yourself.
Posts: 23 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISI yes I got your messages...but man its been so busy around here with relatives in for the holidays. Sorry I didnt write back.
I did that AMAZON click 1 option. (Actually I had to do it twice cuz the credit card I pre-ordered with wasnt good so I ordered it again recently with a different card.
And I got it in the mail the day before Thanksgiving.
But since company is here I wont be able to wath it until December!
Isnt there a way to check your account whereever you ordered this stuff from (I think you said AMAZON). Then you can see if its been shipped or when they plan on shipping it.
As for PRIVATE SCHOOL I got my vhs copy...and cant watch that either until company leaves!
My Viewing Habits are Destroyed when company comes.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
This is still bothering me. I wish someone would have a reason on their website as to what happened to "Private School" not getting released on the 23rd. But instead everything has just diasappeared like it was never gonna happen. I mean you come up with a cover and tease with a release date, even take pre-orders, then nothing. I'm just disappointed because I had marked it off my list of most wanted 80s movies not on DVD.

-

[ 27. November 2004, 06:25: Message edited by: ValleyCat ]

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Valley, I know what you mean. Seeing that new cover art and not knowing if we'll ever get to own it, really brings me over man [Frown] .
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just a GUESS, but maybe it got delayed due to music clearance issues? I hear that when the movie is played on pay-cable channels, some of the music is altered from the home video version. (most notably the "Your daddy must have been a fool to send you to a priiiivate schoool" song) This is just speculation, but even if this is the case...I don't understand why Universal would go through the trouble to make an official announcement for the DVDs release along with cover art.

The mystery remains unsolved...

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
I'm glad someone bumped this topic back up. I demand an answer! Where's the dvd? Huh Universal? [Mad] ? Are you going to tell us ?!?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home