iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Has anyone seen any of these movies?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone seen any of these movies?
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here I go again.... I think I'm on a roll today!

I have just watched the trailers to my VHS copy of 'Russkies,' and there are four movies I haven't seen as yet!

* 'The Woo-Woo Kid' (1987) with Patrick Dempsey.

* 'Big Shots' (1987) with Robert Joy.

* 'Orphans' (1987) with Finney and Modine.

* 'Time Guardian' (1987) with Carrie Fisher.

Has anyone seen (and would like to reccommend) any of these movies? The first two seem very easy-watching, which I usually like (being nostlagic and everything) 'Time Guardian' seems a little bit too sci-fi for my liking, and 'Orphans' seems as though it would be a very well acted drama.

Thanks for any help!

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Woo-Woo Kid: Seen it, got the VHS, worth seeing as it's similar in style to the Loverboy film he did.
Big Shots: Not seen it.
Orphans: Not seen it.
The Time Guardian: Seen it, got the VHS, cheap budget sci-fi where they spend more time on 'present-time earth' and in an industrial looking spaceship explaining what's going on than showing what's going on. The fact that Carrie Fisher is in it doesn't mean it's worth anything and scenes inside the spaceship are difficult to follow because the picture's so dark it's lost a lot of detail. Almost bid on the laserdisc of it recently but reminded myself I've already spent too much on laserdiscs in the last month (over £80)

On a Star Wars actor in a time travel film vein, I thought Time Runner with Mark Hamill, made a few years later, was better than The Time Guardian with Carrie Fisher.

BTW, I have that VHS of Russkies too [Smile]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the Woo-woo kid. I thought it was cool. I like Patrick Dempsey. Remember him in the movie Run?
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the Woo-Woo kids have two titles? I saw it on TV but Im not sure thats the title they used.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just checked for you mamamiasweetpeaches and 'The Woo-Woo Kid' is also known as 'In The Mood.'

Wizard - The fact that you have the same Russkies VHS as I do doesn't surprise me! You practically own everything I want or have! [Smile]

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home