iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The problem with soundtracks is...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The problem with soundtracks is...
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I both share a passion for movie soundtracks but there are two things that really wind me up...

1. Music from AND INSPIRED BY...now what the hell is that all about. Give me music from the movie or give me nothing. Don't give me some lame compilation of stuff that was never good enough for the film.

2. You know when you see a film and there's a stand out song in that film so you go get the soundtrack and the song ISN'T EVEN ON IT!!! Why put it in the film then release a soundtrack album without that song? That's just mean!

Am I alone in how this makes me feel or what?

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic example. My wife loved the film "Get Over It" (I know, but what can you do?) and she adored Sisqo's version of September at the end (Again...I know!?!) and was it on the soundtrack? Well?? Was it???? No, it bloody well wasn't!!!
Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i know what your saying...

another example...license to drive soundtrack..had this cool 80's song playing at the party scene where corey meets mercedez, and the song wasnt on the damn soundtrack!!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nomisdrol, that's just half the problem with movie soundtracks, the other half of the problem (well annoyance) is that far too often they only play maybe a minute, two if you're lucky of a good tune in the movie - I know films aren't supposed to be great long musicvideos but if the tune is good and it works well in the film why not play more of it?

Then there's the soundtracks that don't include every song used in the film, like why didn't the Breakin' soundtrack have "Kraftwork - Tour De France" in it from when Turbo was dancing with the broom?

SHOGUN that'll be "Jane Weidlin - Rush Hour", got the music video of it on one of my "Now --" videos, she sings it in a wetsuit, cut in with her swimming with a dolphin.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely know what you're saying, Nomisdrol!
It has gotten to the point that I am more surprised if I actually DO find the songs I liked on a soundtrack.
Don't you hate it when they leave out most of the good songs but instead put some instrumental background music on the soundtrack?? Like "so-and-so's theme"...
Who needs that!

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tobey
Master Rewinder
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tobey   Email Tobey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, the biggest problem with soundtracks is... Remebering them!
I've had many a sleepless night thinking; "What movie is that song from?" or "What was that song in that movie?"
[Confused]
But maybe that's just me...

Posts: 173 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home