iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day-Robocop

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day-Robocop
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay lets go for action today. I really liked this film for the same reasons that I like other action films in the 80s. The visual effects are believable. Peter Weller, what has become of him anyway, stars as an officer who gets fatally wounded in the line of duty and then whisked away and transformed into a major robotic experiement. He sets out to make the streets of Detroit safe in an other wise unruly time. Nancy Allen costars as his partner. It is filled with Bad Guys, guns, drugs, explosions, and cuss words. Absolute musts for any action film to have. My favorite scene is when he first walks through the precinct and all of the officers are starring at him and then we get to see what he looks like.

What do you all remember about this 1987 film?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tobey
Master Rewinder
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tobey   Email Tobey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peter Weller?
Loved Robocop, hated Naked Lunch.
And then there is Buckaroo Banzai of course.
And I don't think I've seen him in anything else...

What I remember best from Robocop is how great he looked without the helmet on.
Oh, and the "Tchug, tchug" - sound when he walked.
[Smile]

Posts: 173 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terminator hands down. He's a force to be reckoned with. I'd be more interested to see

ROBOCOP vs MARVIN (form Hitchikers..) or
ROBOCOP vs Metal Mickey

now that's entertainment!

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Robocop' was an excellent movie in a year that I discovered three films that I still love to this very day (the other two being Aliens and Predator), Peter Weller has never been better whislt Veerhoven's unique satricial slant on the material was inspired, this has to be my favourite Nancy Allen role (and a standout performace this diverse, underated actress) whilst the mix of ultra-violence, satire on consumer culture and heavy doses of comic-book escapsim make 'Robocop'a throughly enjoyable movie that warrants repeated viewings.

Robocop would eventually win against the Terminator (I mean, Sarah Conner did it... twice).

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie. I have the movie poster, the criterion version DVD and last week I bought the new McFarlane toys action figure of him. I even have the entire tv series on tape.
One thing about Robocop is that it was filmed here in Dallas. They did the test shots for the Robocop suit with Peter Weller at the studios where I work and one of the guys I work with projected the dailes for them each evening in our screening room. Also, there is a studio tour where I work and one of the items on display is one of the stunt costumes for Robocop. It is on a manequin and sealed in a glass case.
I remember how cool I thought the Tauras(sp) car was when it showed up in Robocop as their cop cars.
I loved Ed-209. I liked the scene where Robocop drives up and shoots Ed with that big gun.
This film is one of my top 20 films easily.
I first saw this movie at the base I was stationed at when I was in the Army.
Good topic JLP!

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may have been brought up before...but has anyone seen those 3 new robocop films made a few years ago for cable? There was Dark Justice, Resurection and Crash & Burn. I just bought 2 of them and am about to watch them. I was just wondering what you who have seen them thought.

"The name's Murphy."

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home