iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Pictionary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pictionary
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this game came out at the end of the 80's. 2 of my good friends who were best friends that graduated with me, their birthday's were both on New Year's Eve, so we would get together at my best friend's house-a bunch of us who were friends, for their birthday, and we would all play Pictionary. I remember we loved it! That started the whole Game craze, and I have lots of them.

Scattergories is my favorite, but we use to like Celebrity Taboo and Planet Hollywood too, do you guys remember having "game night" with friends, and do you still do it??

We still do , but never on a specific night, but when we get company we'll play games.

My favorite games are Scrabble and Boggle-I play with my mom all the time, and I play Battleship, Clue and Yatzee with my son.

And Monopoly is always one for a cold winter day, with nothing to do.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We used to play pictionary at Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers every year in the late 80s. We also played charades, trivial pursuit, and the last few years we have really been into the electronic catch phrase.

I absolutely love the electronic yahtzee game, I play it every night before I go to bed so that I can unwind. It really is very relaxing. I also like to do crosswords, the tv ones.

I can remember playing Monopoly when i was younger with a neighbor girl Michelle. We never ever got to the house stuff though. In fact I can't remember ever getting that far in that game. I wonder why?? it just seemed to hard to understand I guess.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what I loved in the 80's?? The hand held games like Einstein and Simon, those were so addictive to me(they were bigger than a hand held game). I remember getting the hand held Pac-Man game for Xmas one year, it was yellow, and we loved it. It was fun to take those games to your grandparents house, when the adults were doing other stuff, we had stuff to play with.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have a handheld pacman game, it's one of the round yellow ones with the green screen in front. It must be at least 20 years old, and still works perfectly.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tobey
Master Rewinder
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tobey   Email Tobey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more of a "Trivial Pursuit" - kind of guy.
I know that there's a "90's Trivial Pursuit" out now, and I wish, Oh I wish there was an
80's Trivial Pursuit.

Posts: 173 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Tobey- There is an 80's Trivial Pursuit!!!

I have it!! I got it off ebay, you need to go looking for it....

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tobey....Isis actually started it on here and we played it for awhile. Like 200 posting worth or so, it was fun.

Ebay

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tobey
Master Rewinder
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tobey   Email Tobey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aargh, I missed that.
Ebay, huh?

Posts: 173 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I actually totally forgot about doing it on here. It is kind of hard, it isn't just music and movies, it is everything 80's, sports, politics, everything.

It was fun though.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home