iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Scarface

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scarface
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I thought that I would break the tension by talking about a nice violent movie. How's that? Okay, so let's talk about Scarface. I already know that C.T. will like this topic. For starters, it has the sexy Al Pacino in it, need I say more. And you basically have everything that you need in a movie in it violence, and if you can sit through that chainsaw scene you're doing pretty good and you can definitely stomach the rest of the movie. And if you think that you're having a bad day, atleast you're not Angel in the bathroom. Right?
Hector the Toad: You want to give me the cash, or do I kill your brother first, before I kill you?
Tony Montana: Why don't you try sticking your head up your a**? See if it fits.

You've got the F word used alot, and who doesn't like that right?
Elvira: Can't you stop saying f**k all the time? Everybody except Elvira that is.

Poor Manny, he thought that he could have any woman that he wanted, just by wiggling his tongue, but Tony had to straighten him out.
Tony Montana: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Everybody liked Tony and thought that he was great. Everybody except Elvira, that is.
Elvira: Don't toot your horn honey, you're not that good.

Well, the feds didn't much care for him either. They tried to get him, but Tony didn't care.
Tony Montana: You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm.

Tony started out for a guy named Frank Lopez, then he quit and went out on his own. He continued to try to get Elvira, which made Frank mad, because Elivira was his. So, Frank tried to have him killed. It didn't work though. So Tony paid Frank a little visit.
Frank Lopez: Tony, don't kill me, please!
Tony Montana: I ain't gonna kill you.
Frank Lopez: Oh Christ, thank you! Thank you!
[Tony looks at Manny]
Tony Montana: Manolo, shoot that piece of sh*t!
And after Frank gave him all of that helpful information.
Frank Lopez: You know what a chazzer is?
Tony Montana: No, Frank, you tell me. What is a chazzer?
Frank Lopez: It's a Yiddish word for "pig." See, the guy, he wants more than what he needs. He don't fly straight no more.

Tony had it all, now if he just knew the difference between pelicans and flamingos, he'd be doing alright.
Tony: [watching flamingos on TV] Come on, pelicans! Fly, fly away!

And Tony didn't want much, just everything that he had coming to him.
Tony Montana: Me, I want what's coming to me.
Manny: Oh, well what's coming to you?
Tony Montana: The world, Chico, and everything in it.

In the end our dear Tony went out like a man.
Tony Montana: You wanna f**k with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!

[ 19. November 2004, 09:08: Message edited by: Jules ]

Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Scarface was an ok movie, but definately not one of Al Pacino's best. I think this movie is very overrated just because of the hype that rap singers stir up by putting lines from the movie in some of their lyrics. If it wasn't for that I think the movie would be a lot less popular than it is now. I did enjoy the movie, but like I said I don't think it was one of his best films.
Now what do I think was one of his better films? The Godfather I & II for starters. Those were just outstanding examples of great filmmaking. Heat was pretty intense too.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Godfather I and II, also. But I love Scarface, too. I don't care about rap music, so that has nothing to do with why I like it. I think that he did a perfect job in it. He had the accent for one thing, which it's hard to do different accents. Some people couldn't do a different accent if they tried. But it wasn't just that.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Just OK!

How can you say that about this wonderfull masterpiece? set in the real life VICE CITY!. But You are intitled to your own opinions about this movie. I was watching this movie before Rappers even started to talk this movie. It's the classic rage to riches story. "So kid what do call yourself"...."Tony and Jou what do Jou call yourself". I have to disagree on saying that this is not Al Pachino best role. First of all Al Pachino play the part of a Cuban. Which he is not in real life and he did a great job playing the role. And by the way Jules they used the F-word over 200 times in this film [Wink] pretty cool huh? I've also learned that the chainsaw scene was inspired by "The Texas Chainsaw Massacare" i saw that on the DVD. "NOW THEE LEG HUH" And you forgot to mention Martha lying on the pillow with a Mac-11 with a silencer she ment business! After Tony survived the near fatal shower scene. He kills a couple of "Kock-A-ROACHES" and tells Chi-Chi to get the "YAYO" while he goes after Hector. This was the first time that anyone heard the word "YAYO" even the so-called future Rappers had never heard of this word. So after Tony kills Hector gets the yayo and the buy money back and escapes with his life. Tony tells Omar that he is going to take the buy money and the Yayo to Frank his self. SMART MOVE TONY that way Tony gets the credit not Omar. And this is where Tony starts to Rise. Not only does this movie has the best lines like... "Who Jou Think Jou F-ing wit...Jou F with me you F-ing with the BEST" and "HA How Jou Like That Jou F-ing Maricon" "Who Put this thing together me that's who.........who do i trust me" . TONY was no JOKE i mean he killed his best friend MANNY! The entire movie is phenomenal but of course nothing is like the 10 minute shoot-out at the end. AND DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF TONY's TOY! In The HOOD they call that a STREETSWEEPER aka M-16A2. This is almost an 3 hour movie but i did'nt wont to bore you with all the details. Thank JULES for the SCARFACE topic i needed to get some stuff off my chest and this helped! [Big Grin]

........ The World Is Yours.........Pan Am. that's was on the blimp that Tony was reading

[ 19. November 2004, 13:22: Message edited by: C.T. ]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
Okay, you could talk about that movie all day long, and it would not bore me, C.T. They have been playing Scarface alot on Starz. I don't have the Dvd, because I don't have a Dvd player yet. They had a show called Creating Scarface on there, too. It was cool. I was watching Scarface on the night that the time changed and in the middle of it the screen went black. Then some stupid movie news came on. I got on the phone and was calling the satellite company. I was like WHAT HAPPENED TO SCARFACE? They said that it was something to do with the station. They said everybody was calling, because they were watching Scarface, too. Anyway, it finally came back on. But I agree with you C.T. on Al Pacino's acting. [Wink]
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.scarface1983.com/wav/theendw.wav

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.scarface1983.com/wav/****youw.wav
Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"I BURY THOSE C*O*C*K-A-ROACHES"

This is what happens if you mess with JULES [Big Grin]

This is my first picture posted! and this is for you JULES. Thanks for the SCARFACE topic.

[ 22. November 2004, 10:25: Message edited by: C.T. ]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scarface is a top movie.So intense and violent and like C.T said..its in the real vice city.Superb!
To me anything Pacino does is amazing.The guy is an acting genius,even in some of his poorer films (of which there are very few) he still gives it 100% and pulls out a powerhouse performance.
For example his recent stuff like HEAT,INSOMNIA and DEVILS ADVOCATE (apart from the tacked on ending)are all excellent.
Now after mentioning HEAT,it comes down to this...
Pacino or DeNiro?

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Hey Smayt Gateford you have great taste in movie thanks for the shot out [Big Grin]

I see everybody has mention all Al Pachino's greatest films but....Nobody has mention my 2nd favorite Al Pachino film which would be........

-

This is a good movie. And even most of my friends call me CARLITO!

Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
Hey thanks for the picture, C.T. [Wink] That's awesome.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home