iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What would we be most surprised to know about.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What would we be most surprised to know about..
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vaguely remember that one. Must not have been to popular because I don't think it lasted to long. To me it would have been like being in a spook house which really makes my stomach turn. I scream so much in those things I really don't like them.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said it jlp937! they could'nt pay me enough to go and mess around in some INSANE ASYLUM! with a witchboard.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No...I missed that one. But I did see the hosted-by-Linda Blair SCARIEST PLACES ON EARTH specials where they send familes or groups of friends to places like Dracula's Castle and split them up and everyone runs around screaming. I cant help but wonder how much of the scares are faked just to see these people scream.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I blame my fear of clowns on Poltergeist.
Mamamia, you are so right about ventriloquists dummies too, no wonder there was a Buffy episode about a possessed dummy.
And don't even mention Chucky...

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would anyone sleep with a life-sized clown doll in a chair next to your bed?. Would that freak you out in the middle of the night. Seeing something sitting in a chair in your room.

Sitich_groover don't get me started on DEMONIC TOYS like Chucky & Talking Tina and that dummie from that movie "MAGIC"

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clowns are soooo wrong.And the scariest of all...
Ronald Mcdonald.
''im lovin' it'' er no,you stripey trousered,child catching weirdo.
im not so good on heights,i dont have have James Stewart/Hitchc0ck syndrome (vertigo hehe) 'cos when im up somethin' high i kinda' like it.But its the gettin up there im not so keen on.
Scared of flyin'..
but never flown.....go figure!!
Hate tomatoes (evil,yuk) but love all things tomato flavoured.
Detest spiders (kill em all)but adore Spiderman,i would probably gain respect for spiders if one of em bit me and gave me the proportionate speed, strength and agility of his little self.
And dont get me started on Britney(attackherwith)Spears.But Christina got a good voice.
Dont you just love being complex.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and OBSCURUS LUPA....
Michael Keaton could probably beat up Tobey Maguire....
but Spiderman would put Batman through a wall.
No contest.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SMAYT I am scared of flying too. But since my Dad lives in CA and I live in NY I have to do it twice a year.

I also am scared to drive. I dont have a license.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smayt- Agree on the Michael Keaton versus Tobey Maguire thing, but I think Batman would beat Spiderman as well. I never was a big Batman fan as he didn't have any real powers and he was always so serious, but I think he has the advantage. Spiderman was ALWAYS running out of webbing, and Mary-Jane was always getting kidnapped, which really gave him a weakness. So all Batman would have to do is kidnap Mary-Jane (or Peter's aunt; she was in trouble a lot, too) and go someplace REALLY high that took a lot of webbing to get to. Spiderman's radioactive spider-induced strength might give the advantage in a physical fight, but Batman had gadgets that helped him out a bit, too.

Can you tell I'm not a big comic book geek? [Big Grin] My brother used to watch Spiderman all the time, and I'd catch it every once and awhile.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CT, funny you mention the Night Stalker. He shot someone a mile from my house when I was nine. He was in and out of Orange County/LA killing people, then finally on the news one morning, we found out he had struck only a block away. I was freaked to say the least.

What I remember the most as a kid, was that he had five different nicknames: The Night Stalker, The Intruder, The Invader, and a couple others. Being a simple kid, I thought that meant there were five different guys killing people!

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoah... Did you know the victim?

That's very freaky.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
One more for Obscurus...
Batman can drive a car..!
Spiderman can THROW a car..!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
WOLVERINE can kick both thier a**es and I bet he's better in the sack.
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-I like the movie "Dirty Dancing."
-I have a plush Alf doll from the '80s that I keep next to my computer desk.
-I'm in love with Jennifer Garner (sp), the girl on Alias, and I think she looks the best when she's crying. I love to watch her kick butt. I have this thing for strong women who know martial arts and wear leather. (he he)
-I'm scared of Bears, sharks and crockodiles...I don't mind gators & snakes because I grew up in the swamps of Louisiana and I know how to handle them.
-I used to drive 18 wheelers across the U.S. and Canada.
-I wear cowboy boots all the time. My favorite pairs are snake skin and gator. (all you animal lovers don't get offended...they are imitaions. No animals were harmed in making my boots.)
-I love wearing black leather jackets.
-I used to wear dew rags all the time. (I guess with my jacket and boots I looked too much like a biker.)
-I'm a MAC man. I don't use a PC unless I absolutely have to.
-I miss underoos. I remember wearing them all the time when I was little. I had Spider-man, The Hulk, Superman, Batman & G.I. Joe. I wish they made them for adults!!!!!
-My favorite song is Desperado by the Eagles...but my second favorite song is Mr. Roboto by Styx.
-my favorite music videos of all time are Thriller & Take On Me.
-I like playing paintball
-I'm learning to play guitar
-I write children's stories & poetry
-I'm a big nerd heavily into sci-fi, comics & fantasy gaming.
-I'm the biggest movie/tv freak on the planet.
-I cheat at Trivial Pursuit.(I study the cards and memorize answers before I play the game with someone.)
-I like cartoons and CG animated movies.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
[Eek!] ARE YOU SERIOUS McFLY!

HOW did you ever sleep at night? I have always heard about The Night Stalker but i never read about his killing spree untill last year. On Court TV.Com and as i read about the people he terrorized in the VALLEY in the 80's i got CHILLS! I was really scared to death after reading about that monster. And all i could do is thank god that i was'nt living in Cali at the time. That dude has made a deal with the devil i tell you. I remember hearing some of those names they called him all of them are CREPPY!

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-I usually eat chocolate and potato chips or chicken tenders for lunch.

-I don't have a driver's license yet...I don't even have a permit.

-I haven't had a girlfriend in 4 years.

-I'm 21 years old and I'm still a virgin.

-I once made an empty death threat in one school I attended.

-I met Jim Henson a few months before he died.

-To this day, I'm scared of Porky Pig popping out of the drum and going "Th-th-that's all, folks!".

-Whenever I see an MGM movie, my feet have to be in the air, and not on the ground or couch when the lion roars.

-My favorite movie opening logo is the current Warner Brothers logo with the brief bit of "As Time Goes By" that plays in the background.

-I still watch "Sesame Street" and Disney stuff.

-I'm a conservative-leaning independent whose only liberal views are those on gay marraige and the legalization of prostitution and marijuana.

-Between VHS and DVD, I own over 200 movies easy.

-I drink 1 caffeinated soda a day Wednesday through Saturday, and then I drink 3 or 4 or them on Sundays and Mondays.

-I'll buy a whole pizza or a tub of ice cream and have it all for myself. Despite this, I'm at around 210 pounds, which may seem heavy, but take into consideration that I was once 250 pounds and I haven't gotten anywhere near that weight in over 2 years, despite the fact that I live on junk food and carbonated drinks.

More will be revealed in due time.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually enjoy listening to both Neil Diamond and Tom Jones. Deep down they're a couple metalheads.

I once won $10,000 in a scratch off lottery game back when I lived in Minnesota

I shot some basketball with Phil Jackson back when I was about 7 years old.

I met Jeffery Dahmer at the Chicago bus depot less than a month before he got caught. So I have my own serial killer story too.

I've been in 37 of the 50 states

I was a student manager for my high school basketball team the last time they won the state tournament.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam, did Jeffery Dahmer try and take you home with him??

Bigfoot...the song Desperado...gives me chills, cause it flashes me back to 1987, when I worked in Virgina, and my boss use to sing that song to me, and drive me crazy, because the last part of the word sounded like my maiden last name, and he'd sing it, and say "why don't you come to your senses." He was a total pervert. I LOVE the EAGLES. My favorite songs of theirs are "One of These Nights, and In the City, and I Can't Tell you why.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read that Dahmers MO towards the end of his spree was taking the bus from his home in Milwaukee to the bus depot in Chicago and asking guys who were travelling alone if they would like to party at his place in Milwaukee which he asked me if I would. I should emphasise that I'm not 100% sure it was Dahmer but his appearance was simillar to what Dahmer looked like and the fact that he asked me to party with him in Milwaukee makes me fairly sure it was him. At the time it happened it was pretty insignificant and it was something that I completely forgot all about until a few years after the matter. I believe Dahmer had already been killed in prison when I remembered the tall blonde haired guy who tried to pick me up in Chicago. Guess it really didn't bother me to much when i remembered the incident because i never even thought for a second to go with him. I had already been on the bus for about 40 hours at that time and gone from home for over a week so i was just wanting to get home. I'm just curious to find out if later on that night if he did end up picking up one of his victims.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

another interesting tidbit is that I am a serial killer buff to some extent I had 3 Jeffery Dahmer books before I remembered about him trying to pick me up.

One interesting tidbit. The movie The Lost Boys was loosely based on the going-ons in Santa Cruz California in the early 70's as there were two serial killers on the loose that killed a combined 21 people in about an 11 month period of time thus earning it the dubious distinction of being "The Murder Capital of the World" When they are first driving into town at the beginning of the movie on the back of one sign it says "Murder Capital of the World"

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to ask the horned king...that in his quest to look like billy idol....how far...is he prepared to go????...would he be in possession of a sausage roll for example???? Coz that would sure surprise a lot of people

sorry they made me do it...they made me hahaha [Wink]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, rocksteady, why do you have to have your feet in the air during the lion's roar?
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horned King- Aren't ya going to answer EA question??? We are waiting....we all know that you try really hard to get as close to looking like Billy as possible.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home