iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Watching a movie out of season?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Watching a movie out of season?
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the all the current topic discussions regarding Xmas movies, and holiday movies, here is my take on them...

I don't know anyone else, but when it comes to movie themes (as it relates to the seasons), I tend to be a contrarian.

That is, I'd rather watch a movie where the season is drastically different to what's going on outside!

EXAMPLE #1:
If it's cold and wintery outside, I like to watch/rent "summer" type of movies.

EXAMPLE #2:
During summer, when it gets so friggin' hot, I want to watch something that will take my mind off the heat. So, I'll settle for a movie that has lots of snow, or cold weather outdoors. That's what happened this summer when I finally saw the mid-80's movie "Runaway Train", which took place in wintery weather.

Weird, eh?

But I guess it's kinda like being in a cold wintery place, and longing to go to someplace warm, like Hawaii. That kinda feeling.

Then again, I live in Northern California, where it doesn't snow as much as it does in the Midwest or Eastern States.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is kind of funny because I always watch things that DO have stuff to do with the current season. At the end of school, which would be May, since we aren't in school anymore I like to watch The Allnighter, Midnight Madness, Twister and Dazed and Confused.

Of course this time of year I like to watch all of the Christmas stuff and even About Last Night..it always makes me think of holidays.

I actually prefer to watch stuff while it is in season rather than out. I watch Summer Rental and Summer School in the summer time. Call me crazy but I like what I like. Hey I might have to watch The Shining more this winter!!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven, I knew you were a little backwards and confused...thanks for prooving it.

[Razz]

I do both, I love watching movies that go with the season, like scary movies at Halloween, but I can watch a scary movie anytime. I mean Friday the 13th in the Summer is as cool then as it is at Halloween.

But, towards the end of January and February when I am desperate to get out of the house, I start watching summer stuff, to get myself looking forward to the end of winter.

But, I definately watch Xmas movies at Xmas.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home