iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s Devoted Movie Theaters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s Devoted Movie Theaters
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you all think about this. Wouldn't it be cool to go into a movie theater that was strictly in business to show 80s movies only.

I would totally be there all of the time. They could have a request box and it would really be cool to be able to have a reunion with all of our rewind buddies.

It would be so cool to have candy and soda pop from back in the 80s. Decorated just like things used to be in the 80s. Would you almost live there? I think that I would have to say yes.

The only thing that I would suggest that give us the comfortable seats because you know we would be there for so long. Foot stools would be really good also.

What would you all want to have in your all 80s theater? [Cool]

I would have to say that the first movie that I would request wouled be The Goonies, just because that is the last one that I remember seeing at the old movie theater in our town. [Smile] [Wink]

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that idea JLP. Me and my husband had wanted to buy the old Drive-In, near our old town, but the people that ran the projector, had saved and saved forever, and the owners sold it to them. There is so much they could have done with it.

I definately would have had murals of all the 80's movies painted on the inside of the concession stand, and I would have had these big decks on both sides with lounge chairs and speakers, so that you could lay there in the summer, and watch a GREAT movie. Of course they would be all 80's movies. The concession stand, in the middle would have been all glass with speakers inside, so that when your standing in line for a drink, you don't miss the movie.

I definately think having a playground there would be cool, things that could have been from the movies as the things the kids play on. Like wouldn't it be cool, to play inside a version of a Delorean?? Have a Pirate Ship there and pretend your a Goonie?

I would definately do the 80's candy, Wacky Wafers and Pop Rocks fer shur.

I would have the Drive-In open clear to Halloween, and in October, play nothing but scary 80's movies. And then have a big Halloween all night movie marathon.

I have even thought about doing a mini golf place dedicated to the 80's, that could have all tied in together, it is fun thinking about it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes there should be months that are themed with particular movies. I didn't think about the drive-in idea. I really do miss going to the drive-in. I remember watching The Howling, Take This Job and Shove it, and Scanners. Now I was really young but it must have been what was playing at the time.

I think that the playground idea is awesome. Kids could play on the Goonies Pirate Ship, I really like that idea. I also like the BTTF one as well.

I don't remember Wacky Wafers?? I remember candy cigarettes, those candy sticks that you dipped in sugar. Of course I used to buy a lot of 3 cent gum too. Pop rocks used to explode in your mouth, I remember those fondly. I also remember liking those Pez dispensers.

Hey I think that we need a whole theme park dedicated to the 80s. Have a movie theater, get some 80s musicians signed up to play their hits, have a clothing store filled with leg warmers, friendship bracelets, and short shorts!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to want to own a theme bar. One night would be '80s night, one night would be '70s night, metal night etc.
Now I say if I win the lottery Im gonna open a drive in. We dont have them here.(Queens NY). I would only show old movies:especially horror movies. I also want a rollerrink and a bowling alley too! But this all hinges on me winnin the lottery.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I used to want to own a theme bar. One night would be '80s night, one night would be '70s night, metal night etc.
Now I say if I win the lottery Im gonna open a drive in. We dont have them here.(Queens NY). I would only show old movies:especially horror movies. I also want a rollerrink and a bowling alley too! But this all hinges on me winnin the lottery.

We'll be kidnapped by aliens before any of us win the lottery.

I like the idea of a 80s movie theater. How about a stage show before each movie with a group of sexy babes in neo-"Solid Gold" outfits and big hair dancing to Duran Duran and Van Halen?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
What a good idea John!!!!! I like the idea of being kidnapped by aliens it will give me a chance to show them how wonderful the 80s were. You could mold them into anything you wanted to.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home