iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Flashback Alternatives

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flashback Alternatives
DJ Ed
Rewind Curious
Member # 3483

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DJ Ed   Email DJ Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all -

Just wanted to say hello and mention my 80s New-Wave/Alternative station - Flashback Alternatives (www.flashbackalternatives.com).

Playing classic, rare, and deep cuts from your favorite 80s artists, as well those 80s artists you may have overlooked or totally forgot about.

We also toss in current synthpop/alternative acts that have an 80s sound/feel to them.

We are listed on iTunes, Windowsmedia.com (where we are currently a featured station), as well as Winamp, and Shoutcast.

Streams are available in 64kb and 32kb mp3, and 64kb and 20kb WMA formats. A 128kb WMA stream will be available shortly.

Be sure to check out our 16,400 track online library with our automated real time request system.

Thanks!

Ed

Posts: 1 | From: Middletown, NJ | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COOL DJ ED!! Way to kept the 80's Alive.

I am thinking of getting the XM Radio system for my husband for Xmas, so we can pick up the 80's stations.

Does anyone else have this, and what do they think of it?? I just found out about the whole thing in the last week or so.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS--have you found any XM radio systems? If you do I would like some prices on them if you look for any on the internet or what not. Do you know anyone that has one of these. I get the 80s music channel through my cable and I listen to it a lot. Could you use that type of radio in your car????
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley gave me some links.

Here's one: http://xmradio.com

Everyone told me you can get them everywhere, including Wal-Mart and Best Buy. Someone told me they cost around $100, and then you pay every month for the service.

But, I am sure as with everything, there are different versions, and better qualities of stuff, so I am going to be checking more in to it myself here soon.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
along with XM there is a service called Sirrus. The little bit I've looked into it seems like Sirrus gives you the most bang for your buck.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Isis and Sam!!!!!!! What a great gift idea.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sirrus is where Howard Stern is going, so I'm gonna have to check that out...I need my Stern fix to start the work day.
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I saw an advertisement for that Sirrus last night at Radio Shack, saying it was available through dish network. Boy are they unsensored or something??? I wonder how much money he is getting for that?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home