iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What's the name of this movie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's the name of this movie?
Hollywood86
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 226

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hollywood86   Email Hollywood86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, this has been driving me crazy! I saw this movie when I was a kid, and can't remember the name of it. I think maybe Mel Gibson played in it, but I'm not sure. It's about these robots that look like humans, and they plan to take over the city. And the only way that you can tell that their robots is by wearing these black sunglasses. There are two guys that end up taking the army of robots down, and I think it might be Mel Gibson, and Danny Glover, but I'm not sure. Can anybody help me???

-Hollywood

Posts: 17 | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
tbird89
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1164

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tbird89   Email tbird89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!!! The movie you just described sounds a lot like John Carpenter's They Live, but Mel Gibson does not come out in it. It stars former wrestler Roddy Piper. I searched ebay and they do have this movie.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Rewind Curious
Member # 199

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gary   Email Gary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like They Live but they were aliens not robots in that movie.... Gary
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollywood86
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 226

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hollywood86   Email Hollywood86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! I'll check it out to be for sure!! Thanks so much for the help!

-Hollywood

Posts: 17 | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollywood86
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 226

Rate Member
You guys are right! It is "They Live". Thanks so much for the help, ya'll are life savers!

-Hollywood

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home