iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--The Terminator

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--The Terminator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just watched this again last weekend. This really was the film, in my opinion, that started the 80s action craze. It was inventive, creative, spectacular, and downright memorable. A destructive terminator is sent through time to kill the mother of a rebel leader from (sorry all sometime like 2010) the future. Also sent through time is the hot Kyle Reece who is sent to protect Sarah Connor. Little do we know until the love scene that the rebel leader is sending his father back through time. Very good action scenes. A very minimal amount of computer graphics made this unbelieable story very believable to us all. It of course starred the wonderful Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, and Michael Biehn. A small role by Bill Paxton--a punk rocker in the beginning.

What are some of your fond memories of this James Cameron classic?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't anyone want to bite on this film????
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAN I TAKE A BITE [Wink] and i don't mean the film [Wink] Just kidding!! But i do love THE TERMINATOR which was a film from 1984 if i'm not mistaken. This is one of those rare movie that i have to look at everytime it is on T.V. and i don't think i will ever get tired of this film. I remember when i first got it on DVD when it came out even after 20 years this movie still blew me away. And watching it on DVD was the icing on the cake. A little TERMINATOR Fact: Did you know that James Cameron was going to cast O.J. Simpson as the TERMINATOR but at the time J.C. felt that O.J. was too much of a nice guy to play a TREMINATOR [Eek!] Shocking is'nt it? of course my favorite part of the film is the Police Station scene when Arnold first uses the "I'LL BE BACK" line.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still get my breath taken away on some of the scenes in Terminator. I always freak on the scene at the Club, because it is so scary when you see him get back up and come after her after he had been shot over and over.

The whole thing too where he killed people out of the phone book, that was pretty scary.

Also, when he gets run over with the tractor trailor truck, and he gets stuck, and climbs up, and opens the door, and says "get out!"..and when he goes back to the motel and cuts his eye out-that right there was like special effects that I had never seen anywhere, and to this day, I still hide my head under the blanket on that scene.

When he went in the police station and started shooting everyone that was so scary, because you think, what do you do to get away.

Also, when he jumps on the hood of the car, and smashes his fist through the windshield and grabs Sarah that freaked me out.

It is a movie that is never boring to watch, no matter how many times you have seen it.

I just bought Terminator 3 the other day, cause Blockbusters had it for $4.99, and that's just about as cheap as renting a movie, if not cheaper, so Valley told me he liked it, so I have to bring myself to get the nerve up to watch it. Maybe I will like it, maybe not, but I am trying to take a few chances.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's definitely one of the better action films ever made, namely because A) It has an actual storyline, and one you can really follow as well, B) Solid casting choices and C) A great and logically escalated sequence of action events. True, the amount of carnage and explosions do seem a tad excessive for today's politically correct world, but I guess that's just part of the fun. Arnold's truly threatening throughout, especially since his says so little throughout (I think half his lines come in the first 10 minutes), just goes around blowing away everything he can with that demented look in both his real and robotic eyes. And somehow the whole concept of humanity at war with machines about twenty-five years from now seems realistic, especially in today's on-edge world (I'd have to agree with Roger Ebert that grim, apocolyptic futures are the only ones that seem to make sense on film). The special effects have held up rather well over 20 years, and this should continue to entertain us for decades to come.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Terminator was a super cool movie. I can remember the day I saw it. My brother took me to see it and told me not to tell my parents because it was rated "R." We were both suprised at how good this film was!!! It was exceptional for the time. car chases, explosions, lots of guns and to top it off...killer cyborgs from the future!!! Did anyone else wear a black jacket and sunglasses and walk around all stiff turning your whole head to look around like he did. If y'all didn't, then I didn't either. [Smile]
My favorite scenes were the flashback scenes (or flash forward scenes) where Kyle dreams about the time he came from and the rebels are fighting all the terminators on the battleground.
I likedt the 2 sequels too and am anxiously awaiting the 4th installment. It sucks that Arnie might not be in it...but I'll keep an open mind.

"Come with me if you want to live."
-Kyle Reece

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
It is probablly the best visual effects movie of the 80s that I can think of as far as action films go. The second one was really good and the 3rd one really wasn't. It has to have that James Cameron influence on it to be really successful in my opinion.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home