iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » CAT'S EYE is wicked awesome

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CAT'S EYE is wicked awesome
heydude
Rewind Curious
Member # 3462

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for heydude   Author's Homepage   Email heydude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one of my favorite '80s films. Starring Robert Hays, the late great Alan King, and James Woods, it's the adventures of a clairvoyant cat (!) desperately seeking to save the life of a little girl, played by young Drew Barrymore.

Along the way, the cat gets swept up in three dark tales, crafted by horror master Stephen King...

Robert Hays plays a has-been tennis pro who's coerced into a deadly wager with a conniving millionaire - to walk around the narrow ledge of a tall building without falling. Makes me wince every time the pesky pigeon pecks into Hays' shin!

Thanks to the heroic cat, the goon gets offed, and Hays gets the gun. His girlfriend's been beheaded, so naturally, it's time for bittersweet revenge. The murderous millionaire must climb out onto the ledge, and, well... he loses the wager.

Escaping the millionaire's penthouse, the cat travels to another city and another dark tale...

He's snatched up in a cage by another goon (!) and taken to Quitters Incorporated, a mafia-style organisation that bullies patients into quitting smoking... by torturing their spouses!

Alan King shines as the menacing but comical "don" of Quitters Incorporated, and James Woods plays the paranoid dope who can't quit smoking even though his wife depends on it!

Best thing about this tale of suspense and paranoia is the soundtrack! Cue the Police -"Every breath you take... every smile you fake, I'll be watchin' you!"

I'll never hear The Imperions' "96 Tears" again without imagining the wife getting the shock treatment and jumping around that electrified room!

Luckily, she survives, and keeps all of her fingers, unlike Woods' dinner guest... Shudder, shudder.

My favorite tale is the final one, a grim fairy tale about a goblin who wants to suck the breath -nay, the very LIFE out of Drew Barrymore.

Who could be so cruel?

Will the hero of the day, General the cat, be able to escape the pound in time to rescue Drew?

Watch "Cat's Eye" to find out.

Now back to Reading Rainbow with Levar Burton...

Posts: 7 | From: Over The Hill | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wicked awesome? You're from New Englad aren't you? [Smile]

But hey, good movie, been a looooooong time since I saw it. Drew was eeny weeny back then.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, which Drew movie came first? Firestarter, E.T., or Cat's Eye?
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im guessing: ET, FIRESTARTER and then CATS EYE. (I think)

The one I like is the James Woods smoker one.Doesnt he poke around in a closet to see if someones hiding in there...to this day I still do that. (Because of CATS EYE and WHEN A STRANGER CALLS)...and I also feel that way about 96 TEARS...every time I hear it I think of cats and ladies leaping. Bwahahahaha!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DREWS FIRST MOVIES
SUDDENLY LOVE -tv movie
BOGIE- tv movie
ALTERED STATES (1980)
E.T.(1982)
FIRESTARTER (1984)
IRRECONCIRABLE DIFFERENCES (1984)
CATS EYE (1985)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Drew must've been a toddler in those first couple movies!

See, Rewinders? You can always count on mamamia.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home