iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Is FRATERNITY VACATION any good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is FRATERNITY VACATION any good?
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed this has two of the main charactors from FRIGHT NIGHT in it (Amanda Be**** and Stephen Geoffreys) so I ordered it.($3.00 for the dvd on half.com!) Anyone seen it? Any good or no?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you did the right thing buying Frat Vac as some of us affectionally call it on the Rewind [Wink] . It's classic 80's cheese. There are so many redeeming factors about this movie.

First is Cameron Dye. There's just something about him. Muffy and I have agreed that we kind of crushed on him after Valley Girl...haha. Second, is Leigh McCloskey. He is perfect as Chas Lawlor III. So snotty! You may remember him as Kevin (Terry's boyfriend) from Just One of The Guys.

Overall, I think you're going to love this one. It was worth the $$! Have fun and let us know what you thought of it after you watch it [Big Grin] !!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I vaguely remember this one but I think I maybe confusing it with Private Resort---??the one with Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow. Anyway I like all of those warm college romp films from the 80s. Thanks for the memories I had kind of forgotten about them. Hey wasn't Tim Robbins in one like this or maybe even this one?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Tim Robbins is in it. (I love that they wont let me put Amandas last name in here cuz it sort of has a British slang curse word....well ....Marcy from MARRIED WITH CHILDREN...that girl!)
If Leigh McCloskey is who I think he is...ROW! He was a cutie!
PRIVATE RESORT is the one with Johnny Depp runnin nekkid through a hotel hallway. I used to have a vhs copied from cable of that....and as shameless a t&a flick it was I kept it for years cuz Johhny and Rob were cute!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
While on the subject of shameless t&a flicks...I ordered my husband the dvd of PORKYS for Christmas.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This came out during the Spring Break movie madness of 80s. To me "Spring Break" was by far the best, but this one had some charming qualities. Wendell was a nice guy, but he was annoying and then some. Cameron Dye rocked as usual in this movie, he should have been a Star, but never got the big break I guess. I kept telling him to go for it, make his move, but he kept telling me he was just taking a poll or something....whatever dude. [Razz]

I do remember Sheree J. Wilson for some reason though. [Confused] I did have one problem with this movie and it was Tim Robbins character was nicknamed "Mother" just to get the final joke in at the end of the movie. So Sad! [Frown]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie!!!!!
I've said it before on here I know.....
Cameron Dye and Tim Robbins are quite a pair! [Wink]
Wendell is awesome and loveable,and he gets the girl in the end...hehe
It's fer sure one of those I can watch over and over. Who thinks how they did the begining black and white was odd?...for an 80's spring break movie....were they trying to be artsy..hehe [Razz]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessicka Rabid
Master Rewinder
Member # 2479

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessicka Rabid   Author's Homepage   Email Jessicka Rabid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie. I have the poster. There's not 2 people from Fright Night in it. Technically there is 3 because Brad Fiedel does the score for both movies.
Posts: 127 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point Muffy...I never understood that whole B&W thing either. I usually just fast forward to the opening music and color part.

Has anyone read the interview with Leigh McCloskey inside the DVD case? It's pretty interesting. He says he had a great time making FV and that the cast was awesome to work with. However, he goes on to mention that he got Just One of The Guys after FV and it was a totally different experience. He said people had major attitudes and that one actress, who will remain nameless, wouldn't take off her dark glasses on the set. Apparently she was totally stuck up and really believed she was going to be the next member of the "Brat Pack." I wonder if it was Terri or someone else?!? Hmmmm... [Confused]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Just watched it and had to admit it was pretty funny: I love Stephen Geoffreys as a nerd...the part he was born to play (no, I didnt see any of his dirty movies...so I dont know if that was his true calling in life or not!)
Loved some of the UGLY shirts on Tim Robbins. He also wears pink Converse Chuck Taylors in his prison scene....(Hey...I had those in the '80s!)
The guy who plays the cop/Nicholes father: wasnt he the cop in KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTTER SPACE??? Again: role he was born to play: nasty cop!
The funniest line was (excuse me if I mis-quote...they would bleep it out anyway:
Wendall: Can I buy you a drink?
Nichole doesnt answer
Wendall: Wanna dance?
Nichole doesnt answer.
Wendall: Well then I guess a b.j. in the parking lot is out of the question.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

This was a lot better than alot of the other "T&A" flicks of the '80s.

My one qualm: when the two girls led the two guys upstairs into the queensize bed to play a joke on them wouldnt it have been funnier to then have them leave the room and come back in with cameras and take pictures of the two guys in bed together????

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Holy cow! that guy who played the cop (John Vernon) was also the principal in SAVGE STREETS.
I watched,like, 3 of this guys movies this week!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home