iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Thw Wedding Singer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thw Wedding Singer
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok - so it's a nineties film, but it's set in '85, so I figure it counts!

Anyway, does anyone else think this is an absolute classic? Great characters, classic dialogue, superb one liners, good old fashioned romance, and a great soundtrack.

Best line?

"Everybody's talking about it".......

......"Everybody? You're 8 years old - you only know your parents!"

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the old guy in the bar that shouts out "What you need is a prostitiute!"
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is one of Sandler's best, if not THE best, and I think the 80s flavor adds quite a bit to it. I think I'd have to like his abortive song to his ex-girlfriend the best, how he mentions he wasn't able to finish it before he was unceremoniously cut loose and we the viewers can tell exactly where he was cut off at ("SOMEOBDY KILL ME PLEASE!! I'M DOWN ON MY KNEES, PRETTY PLEASE, KIIIIIILLLLL ME!!!!" Classic!).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never met anyone who didnt love this film....or any girl that wouldnt love the end song sung to her.

Duckie I disagree...the best line has to be....

........"Aunt Linda.....you're a bitch!"

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OR....."she's gonna get it and she doesnt even know it....and I'm gonna give it to her"......... [Big Grin]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or......."I already had intercourse with 8 men - and that was a lot back then! That would be like 200 now!!"

And yep, the Linda song - a classic!!!

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
The soundtrack is pretty cool too, I have it on double cd...and yeah...the Linda song is on there too - BRILLIANT [Smile]
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Chris.... 'The Wedding Singer' is definately Sandlers best (comedic) effort. I don't usually care for his movies as I find the humour in them to be more 'miss' than 'hit,' although I can honestly say that I found this particular movie very enjoyable from start-to-finish.

I loved the movie because it brought back that 'feel-good' factor that was missing from some of the movies that were being released at that very time. Although we had a bunch of teen movies being made in the late 90's, they never seemed to succeed (in my opinion) with matching what was great about the movies we grew up with. I think 'The Wedding Singer' was a rare release (amongst a few others) that proved to be nostalgic, yet very entertaining for todays audience at the same time.

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
Glad we're all in agreement then - wonderful film.

......besides - any film that can have the wedding string quartet play Journey's sublime "Don't Stop Believin'" has GOT to be good!
I luuuurve Journey!!!

Actually, as far as Sandlers other films go, I agree with Chris and Gremlin - this is far and away the best. Most of the others were pretty hit and miss - with the exception of Big Daddy, which was great (not least for namechecking Styx all the way through it - I luuuurve Styx an' all!!)

And finally - another classic Wedding Singer line......

"He shouldn't be stuck in his sisters basement, with all the nipple twisting that goes on!"

Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fave moment of this film (and they are all great moments) is still the part wher Drew's jerk of a boyfriend pulls up outside the club...opens his car doors and the Miami Vice theme is blastin' out,further enhancing this guy's Don Johnson wannabe status.
Oh and my fave line.....
''they were cones''

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Me and my mates quoted that line for months....genius!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie about the 80s!

Hey, psycho, we're not going to talk about this. It's over. Now get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

My fave moment of this film (and they are all great moments) is still the part wher Drew's jerk of a boyfriend pulls up outside the club...opens his car doors and the Miami Vice theme is blastin' out,further enhancing this guy's Don Johnson wannabe status.

That scene had me laughing for days [Big Grin]

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about these:

"It's not a record player it's a CD player it cost me like 600 bucks"

"Yeah you think the Time to Make The Dounuts Guy is sexy"

"Hey my parents died when i was 12 would you like to talk about that? -why would we talk about that? i don't know"

[ 10. November 2004, 08:30: Message edited by: C.T. ]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home