iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite 80s' Woman...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 80s' Woman...
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got an idea, all you guys on the board (or, women of different physical culture)..pick five women who came, acted/sang and conquered in the 80s' that turn you on even today. To me it seems like there are no more good-looking, interesting female personalities in show buisness that are of the next generation (that comment has nothing to do with star tracks or whatever), while all the Kim Catralls, Pat Benetars, Morgan Fairchilds and Suzanna Hoffs' are long out of reach...but still beautiful.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My choice has got to be jami Gertz who played star in the lost boys or maybe Winona Ryder.
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that one of the earliest movies of the 80s' I saw later on TV was Psycho 2 with Meg Tilly..when I first saw Jennifer Tilly in 'Moving Violations' I thought I was looking at the same girl with some serious body work. I think Jennifer Tilly (before she cut her hair) proved she doesn't get older when she did 'Bound' in '96.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
born in the eighties
Master Rewinder
Member # 627

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for born in the eighties   Email born in the eighties   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that latin chick who cant speak english from breakdance 2-electric boogaloo

kelly lebrook-weird sciene, damn she can take her red dress off too

hmm that black chick (vanity) from last dragon

Madonna was iight

thers lots still thinkin..

Posts: 109 | From: london | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, this will be tough keeping it to five, but here goes:

1. Lea Thompson. There's this scene in Some Kind Of Wonderful, where she's drying her hair in the locker-room. Full, slow scan up and down... and she still looks awesome in Caroline In The City.

2. Meg Ryan. This whole 'InnerSpace' thing. She's smart, but can be stupid. Shes shy, but can be scary. She's blonde, and damn well *IS* sexy.

3. Clare Grogan. She's the one in Gregory's Girl that Greg actually ends up with. I fancied her when she was singing in Altered Images, and now she hosts a show on VH1 over here, she's still so cute.

4. Daryl Hannah. And to be honest I don't know why. She's not that stunningly beautiful, she's no great shakes as an actor, but maybe the mermaid outfit still lingers in my mind....

5. Helen Slater. When she let her hair down in Secret Of My Success and stopped being so high-and-mighty, she was a dream. The girl next door with sex and attitude.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great descriptons Paul, very precise ;)

1) Winnona Ryder in Heathers (just for being cool, funny and sooo pissed off at all her mates)

2) Sigourney Weaver, Ghostbusters (as both the sharp n' sassy Dana and as szcho possessed neo-demon Zull)

3)Kelly Lynch, drugstore cowboy (she mighta been a no good junkie but this was a standout performace from an underated actress)

4)Meg Forster, masters of the universe (theres really no excuse for this...her scary contacts must've had some kinda subliminal impact on my childhood!)

5)Nancy Allen, Robocop (a very cool and versatile actress, bring her back someone)

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Kelly Preston...Gorgeous and so thoughtful to us guy viewers for constantly showing us her two enormous talents ;).

2. Elisabeth Shue...not so much now, but after Karate Kid I was in like. After Adventures in Babysitting I was in love.

3. Heather Graham....she was just starting out then, but a knockout in License to Drive

4. Courtney Thorne-Smith....I think age has caught up with her, but back then, mmmmmmmm.

5. Linda Hamilton....big time crush after Terminator, still looks good today.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
Helen Slater almost looked like a different girl from 'Legend of Billie Jean' to 'Secret of My Success'...
Jennifer Tilly would still be my first,

Pam Grier during the late 80s' around when she did a small part in 'The Allnighter'.

Meg Tilly long after 'Body Snatchers' since she grew a body and still was a mirror image of her sister.

Carrie Fisher was one of those women who could get away with the short hair because of everything south of it.

and Margot Rose who started in '48 HRS.' and then did about 2,000 short-lived 80s' sitcoms...she had a tiny part in 'Hollow Man' 2 years ago..the only thing that changed on her was maybe a few age lines.

Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, as far as what girls I thought were beautiful in the 80's I'd have to say Sheena Easton (such beautiful big eyes, a perfect face), Brooke Shields (who is more pictureseque then Brooke Shields??), Gina Gershon (she was in Pretty In Pink, and I still think she's so fu***** beautiful in Lenny Kravitz's video for his song "Again"), and Vanity (not that I'm racist or anything, but how many black woman look like Vanity??) I guess because I have big brown eyes I've always been a sucker for girls or guys with big pretty eyes as well.....dont really care for that beady eye look.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
Vanity was beautiful, being a 'Prince' (or soon to be know briefly but not too briefly as the guy who screwed up his career by being trendy in excess &* ^ % 1?2 whatever) by-product I was always a little fearful that she may be a guy.

Melanie Wilson who played Jennifer Lions on 'Perfect Strangers' would probably be the only blonde on my list..I'd really be looming around the dark haired/light skined black Irish/Italian American women that were somewhat more an abundance of in Hollywood in the 80s' compared to today...Especially with all the mysterious no-named girls who popped up season after season on 'Miami Vice'..(hmmm..Where have all the beautiful women gone that were never nominated for anything?..)

mansfield
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 939

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mansfield   Email mansfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1)Winona Ryder(Lucas,Heathers,1969,Beatlejuice).

2)Jennifer Beals(Flashdance)

3)Sophie Marceau(La Boum 1-2,L'Etudiante).

4)Demi Moore(About last night,St.Elmo's Fire,One crazy summer)

5)Katleen Turner(Romancing the stone,Peggy Sue got married).

Posts: 21 | From: moscow,russia | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
James Ignatowski
Rewind Curious
Member # 248

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for James Ignatowski   Email James Ignatowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#1 Lea Thompson, why? Those dimples. She has "ALL THE RIGHT MOVES"
#2 Elisabeth Shue, her great big...eyes
#3 Jennifer Jason Leigh, "SHE GOT TO BE SOMEBODYS BABE"
#4 Lea Thompson, "WELL LOOKIE WHAT WE HAVE HERE" Biff Tannen BTTF1
#5 Carie Fisher, She had great force
#6 Marilu Henner, red hair & fisty
#7 Fay Grant, "V" ery cute
#8 Lea Thompson, "SHE DID A DUCK"
#9 Phobe Cates, Pool Scene enough said!
#10 Catherine Bach, "YEEEEE HAAAAA"

Posts: 6 | From: boston ma usa | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 42

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony   Email Anthony   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Demi Moore
2.Kelly McGillis
3.Ally Sheedy
4.Winona Ryder
5.Kim Cattrall

Posts: 16 | From: Brooklyn ny Kings | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 42

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony   Email Anthony   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind change on Kim Cattrall, I just watched Happy Together for the first time am I want 5 to be

5. Helen Slater

Posts: 16 | From: Brooklyn ny Kings | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, lust can be such a fickle emotion... :)))
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
habed
Senior Rewinder
Member # 800

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for habed   Email habed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Beals....All time mega babe!! (tied with Sandra Bullock)
Demmi More.. Sexy, sofisticated and a wild party animal in St. Elmos Fire.
Diane Lane... She is so hot lippsinging in Streets of fire.
Phoebe Cates........mmmhhhh Baby!!!
Courtney Cox, Didn't know who she was back then but the dancing in the dark video made me had a crush on her.
And I feel that everybody is leaving one very hot girl out of your lists, and I know you liked her very, very much in Wierd science, Kelly Le Brock.
Linda Fiorentino in Vision Quest

Posts: 75 | From: Mexico, DF, Mexico | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
Oh yeh, I left out Juliette Binoche from 'Unbearable Lightness of Being'..shes' much more beautiful today, but was still such a sexy little french thing in the 80s'. Whats her name...Sabrina LeBeauf from the Cosby Show, she of course looks older now but was really gorgeous on her stint of the show.
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) Kathleen Turner...my all-time movie goddess with the bodice. I saw "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" at 6 years old, and fell in love with the voice. I saw "Romancing The Stone" on my Fox affiliate the following year and I saw the face that came with her voice. I've been in love ever since.

2.) Kelly McGillis...She just has a good-time girl look about, and there's something about the name McGillis that gets me all tingly inside.

3.) Rosanna Arquette...Perky, intelligent, cute as all-get-out. From her small parts in "S.O.B" and "Amazon Women On The Moon" to her bigger roles in "Desperately Seeking Susan" and "After Hours", she's got it.

4.) Sigourney Weaver...The Amazonian Butt-Kicker. For a 53-year-old, she is way pretty! "Full Moon Street" on DVD, NOW!

5.) Geena Davis..."Earth Girls Are Easy". I don't need to see anymore except see this movie and you'll understand.

6.) Helen Slater...This lady should be featured in the 80s Movie Focus on the front page soon. Whether it's big hair in "Ruthless People" or a Joan Of Arc cut in "Legend Of Billie Jean", she was pretty by hair alone. Add that angelic, far-off face and you got maximum babe-atude.

Bonus:

You'll laugh at me about this, but I've always thought Shelley Long was pretty good-looking...intelligent, feisty and funny, she deserved far better at the movies than what she got (in box-office terms, of course..."Money Pit" and "Outrageous Fortune" are excellent 80s movies by any standards).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...the rock steady flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home