iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Best Furutistic Movies made during the 80s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Furutistic Movies made during the 80s
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My movie of the day today sparked an interesting thought. What films that were made about the future (done during the 80s) do you think were the best. I will help you out and give you a list of the ones that I can think of:

Runaway
Bladerunner
Escape from L.A.(may actually be late 70s)
Flash Gordon
Tron

These are just a few. I am sure that you can come up with others on your own.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Idiot alert: I meant FUTURISTIC
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take the obvious choice...

Back to the future 1 - 3 of course.
Total Recall(90 but close enough)
Robocop
The Running Man
Mad Max

Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Jlp937's list:
quote:
[snip]...
Escape from L.A. (may actually be late 70s)

Escape from L.A. is from 1996.

Perhaps you were thinking of Escape From New York (1981), and made by the same director, John Carpenter?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bladerunner
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fave "furutistic" movie is the one where they race to find the solution to reading disorders. I think it was called "Dyslexia for cure found".
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yes thanks Steven, that is the one I was thinking of.

I forgot about Total Recall, I loved that one.

CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE TERMINATOR!
THE WRAITH
BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED
WEIRD SCIENCE

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bladerunner
Escape From N.Y.
Robocop
Back To The Future II

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
total recall <--------- one of my top 5 fav films [Big Grin]
back to the future
the terminator
the running man
robocop

Im sure there are more but i cant think [Confused]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brill, futuristic sci-fi movies... hey you all already listed the best ones [Razz]

Battle Beyond the Stars
Solarbabies aks Solar Warriors
Red Dwarf -ok not a film but it's set 3 million years into the future [Smile]
Aliens
Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
The Last Starfighter
Explorers
Slipstream
Trancers

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both Dune and Aliens looked pretty darned futuristic, they get my votes. Fact I'm not sure artistically if the sets in those 2 have ever been equalled actually.

Yep Dune and Aliens [Smile]

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Damn you Wizard!!!!

I thought I had Spacehunter to put up there, but I should have realized that I couldn't wait this long to post. Anyway, the best, Aliens, of a movie that isn't named "The Empire Strikes Back" I enjoy the running man too. Tron is good, but I think it's just for nostaglia sake.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All these posts and not a single mention of Mad Max 2 aka The Road Warrior. And I thought we had some serious movie fans on this board...
Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ps Devo. Technically speaking, Empire Strikes Back is set "a long time ago" and therefore does not qualify as a futuristic film... [Wink]
Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

...and as I'm in a picky kinda mood, Fat, weren't BTTF 1 & 3 both set in the past...?
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
out of all the movies that were mentioned, ALIENS is my favorite. for being 20 years old, it still kicks ***, and the effects are awesome.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home