iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day!!
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My movie of the day pick today is: Runaway starring Tom Selleck, Gene Simmons, and Kirstie Alley. It is a futuristic action drama about computers, computer chips, and heat seeking bullets. Gene Simmons from Kiss plays a very effective bad guy who gets injected with acid by robotic spiders at the end. Again this is the kind of action where there is not a lot of computer stuff present. Things just look more real. Cynthia Rhodes co-starred as Selleck's partner and love interest. I love the car chase scene with the cop cars and the exploding computer rodents. Very effective futuristic drama that was made in the mid 80s.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my garsh i am retarded. it never even dawned on me that gene simmons was bad guy in runaway. and i watched this movie last year on dvd. anyway i love cynthia rhodes!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Jesus.............GENE SIMMONS???? MUSTA missed that one.....

I know he was in a movie with Vanity once........I had a friend and I walked in her room (in the '80s) snd there was Gene. hahaha.

So I guess he made:
KISS MEETS THE PHANTON
DETROIT ROCK CITY
This ONE
That One With Vanity (TITLE?)
and TRICK OR TREAT

Gene Simmons...not a good lookin man...........NOW...Paul Stanley.....mmmmmmm.......

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Mamamiasweetpeaches' post about Gene Simmons:
quote:
I know he was in a movie with Vanity once. I had a friend and I walked in her room (in the '80s) snd there was Gene. hahaha.
The movie with Gene Simmons and Vanity is "Never Too Young to Die" (1986). It also starred John Stamos.

Click below:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0091621/combined

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT's IT!!!! THANK YOU! jlp937

I could'nt remember the name of this movie but i wanted to do a topic about this movie but i could'nt remember the name of the film. This is Tom Selleck best film and Gene Simmons BOY! did he play his part those KILLER TOYS he was making was DEMONIC like those metal spiders that will shoot acid in your body. RUNAWAY was ahead of it's time back in the 80's it's a movie worth watching over & over & over i just might watch it this week. I don't know why this movie is'nt on the Movie SmartMenu to the left of the screen. Classic Sci-Fi Movie would make a hell of a remake thanks JLP937!

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie was on HBO like everyday in the 80s. Cool spiders and good chase scene! Might have been one of the first times I noticed Gene Simmons without his makeup. All I kept thinking throughout the movie was put it back on dude.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'oh! I just read my post and it sounds like I walked into my friends room and Gene Simmons was actually standing there! I meant she had a poster from the movie over her bed! I looked at the poster and said "Whats that?" and she told me about the movie and said "Im surpirsed you never heard of it since you like KISS"
To this day I never saw it.
Maybe renting RUNAWAY and NEVER TOO YOUNG TO DIE would make a good Friday night double-bill. I'll have to see if eBay has em!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I just got em both from half.com for $13.53!

Checked on imdb and they say Gene's been in about 10 movies. Who knew???

Gene plays a hemaphrodite in NEVER TOO YOUNG TO DIE????? Who casted THAT????

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home