iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Rachel Papers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Rachel Papers
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen or remember this movie? Ione Skye was in it. This is another one I caught on the WE Channel. I only saw a few minutes but seemed interesting. I bought it on VHS. Anyone care to prepare me...If not, I'll do a review after watching it :)
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Cin, nice to see you after awhile.

Heh heh, now you're gettin' on my good side. I mean anyone who brings back memories of the film with Ione Skye's topless scene, weeeeeeeee!

Seriously, it's a decent movie. I think they were pegging the British guy to be a break out Amercian star, but it didn't work out.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dexter Fletcher (the british guy) worked well in some tv shows over here in UK. His movie career is pretty varied. He was recently in 'Band Of Brothers' and 'Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels', but the highlights for us would be Rachel Papers, The Bounty (with Mel Gibson), as well as Elephant Man and The Long Good Friday. But I always think of him as Baby Face in Bugsy Malone - one of the coolest movies ever made (albeit from the seventies!)
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeannie
Master Rewinder
Member # 260

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeannie   Email Jeannie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the biggest crush on Dexter Fletcher when he was in Press Gang (British TV series)
Does it make me old that I remember that?

Posts: 119 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JonBoy
Rewind Curious
Member # 280

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JonBoy   Author's Homepage   Email JonBoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dexter flechter was also in Lock Stock and two smoking barrels as soap!!
Posts: 10 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
blackice
Rewind Curious
Member # 617

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for blackice   Author's Homepage   Email blackice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dexter Fletcher was a child actor and that is where and how he got his work, hence he has not been in much lately, other than Lock Stock etc, I think he is an ok actor and the Rachel Papers was ok, but not that good.

Ione Skye is ok, but James Spader was the best actor in it, he too has a varied career.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Blackice,

I agree, after watching The Rachel Papers I felt like it was an ok movie. I'm glad I bought it. As for James Spader, you're right, he is the best in that, Pretty In Pink and Sex, Lies and Videotapes. Do you recommend any other Spader flicks? I'm so feeling him right about now :)

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, some from me would be (if you haven't seen them:

"Bad Influence", the one he did with Rob Lowe.

"Dream Lover", where his wife is a sneaky beeitch.

"White Palace" was a great one he did with Susan Sarandon. Older man/younger woman deal.

"True Colors" was a fair political one he die with John Cusack.

A few suggestions.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home