iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Obscure 80s Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obscure 80s Movies
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there was a topic on here a while ago about 80s movies that weren't as well known or popular. I just thought of one this morning that I know I enjoyed when I was a kid...The Beniker Gang! It starred 80's brat packer, Andrew McCarthy and Who's the Boss actor, Danny Pintauro. Does any one else rememeber this one? I thought it was a great feel good movie.
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was ok. That's where he's the advice columnist. Didn't care for it as a whole, but McCarthy is the one saving grace, making it very watchable. I miss his kind of actor, the squeaky clean guy-next-door (much like MJFox).
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I do agree that McCarthy was the saving grace. He's the reason I watched it in the first place, just thought it was a cute movie.
I agree with the squeaky clean image missing too, don't get too many of those these days. Just a few...

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeannie
Master Rewinder
Member # 260

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeannie   Email Jeannie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Andrew Mccarthy! I'll even sit through the god awful made for tv movies he's made just to see him!
Posts: 119 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
Me too! I wish he would get back into the main stream. I miss that "guy next door" thing. Mathew Perry kind of reminds me of Andrew McCarthy. But only Andrew McCarthy can be Andrew McCarthy...
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You look at all his movies and he just always nailed that nice guy persona. "St. Elmo's", "Mannequin", "Pretty in Pink", "Heaven Help Us" (for those that actually know it), but I think my fave of his will be "Weekend At Bernie's" because he really surprised me at how good at comedy he could be. "Mannequin" was a comedy, but he played that mostly straight. "Bernie's" he was such a weird goofball.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home