iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Help! Name mystery 80s kids movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help! Name mystery 80s kids movie
wgrapper
Rewind Curious
Member # 1213

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wgrapper   Email wgrapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a dark (at least seemed to me, but I was 10 or so) movie where a kid would visit this barren abandoned quarry lake. And this "monster" would creak and rise up from the lake a bit. Later in the movie when the pit is drained they find it's just an old crane/earth digger. That's all I seem to remember. It was a creepy, quiet movie. It didn't seem to have much dialogue...a classic stupid 80s movie that someone made because they found an abandoned quarry! Anyway....

Any ideas??????? Thanks for the help.

Posts: 1 | From: Louisville, KY, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
artsteph
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 595

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for artsteph   Email artsteph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this movies sounds like the one called "magic water" or "magic in the water" something like that. i hope that helps!
Posts: 20 | From: apopka, fl usa | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa!!! I remember this movie.. man. I remember the bubbles emerging from the water, and I was so scared..

I will have to find this!

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
BobC
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 82

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BobC   Email BobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like The Quest with Henry Thomas.
Posts: 15 | From: Fairlawn, NJ, USA | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
carebearstare
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 658

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for carebearstare   Email carebearstare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about the name of your movie, but I have a brain teaser for you, too.

My movie that I can't remember for the life of me I think was some sort of HBO special, because I don't remember it being that long. It dealt with this old old house, and these kids who kept returning to the house. Pretty much, that's all I can remember, except for at the end, when the kids finally find the "lost" girl who lived there ages ago - at the bottom of a shaft inside the house, having fallen to her death probably half a century before.

This was not as creepy sounding as your movie, but it still was memorable, especially that last part. Does anyone know what the title of it is? Help help help!

Posts: 29 | From: NY USA | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
rob
Rewind Curious
Member # 1059

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rob   Email rob   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
think the movie was called the GO KIDS it had elliet from ET and a young blond girl in it and might have been based in australia remember it well think you can still buy it on a couple of web sites
Posts: 3 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
rob
Rewind Curious
Member # 1059

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rob   Email rob   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
think the movie was called the GO KIDS it had elliet from ET and a young blond girl in it and might have been based in australia remember it well think you can still buy it on a couple of web sites
Posts: 3 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
blackice
Rewind Curious
Member # 617

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for blackice   Author's Homepage   Email blackice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes the movie was Australian for sure, I am 100% of that, it was filmed around an old quarry like place and when they drained the lake it had a crane in it that was the beast or whatever.

I think Rachel Friend who played Bronwin in Neighbours was in it, if it was her, it would make it this movie: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0091810 but not so sure it is this one.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home