iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » the watcher in the woods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the watcher in the woods
mina19972000
Rewind Curious
Member # 964

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mina19972000   Email mina19972000   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone seen the alternate endings on the watcher in the woods dvd? seeing the actual watcher ruined something for me. it was so much creepier not knowing. anyone agree?
Posts: 10 | From: GA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, Mina, the only "Watcher..." I ever saw was the one I taped off the Disney Channel in the late 80s, where Karen comes back after the ritual. Ends with Bette Davis walking up to her.

The differences with yours?

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Mina, that's true. Seeing the watcher would actually take away from some of the morbid mystery and childlike intrigue we all get from watching the film. However, whenever my brothers watch the film they always wish they could see the watcher, so maybe they should get the DVD.

I think it's so weird but cool that it seems like a lot of other people have seen this movie. I used to think I was the only one who had ever seen it or even heard of it.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeannie
Master Rewinder
Member # 260

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeannie   Email Jeannie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watcher in the woods was one of mt all time favourites! My older brother used to be terrified of it, but I loved it, now he's the horror freak! So I gotta know what's the Watcher look like?
Posts: 119 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
mina19972000
Rewind Curious
Member # 964

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mina19972000   Email mina19972000   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the watcher was a big, light brown, dragon-looking thing that floated through the air. the special effects sucked. it was supposed to be an alien from another planet and in one of the alternate endings the girl searching for karen ended up being temporarily transported there, so you got to see its home too.
Posts: 10 | From: GA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeannie
Master Rewinder
Member # 260

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeannie   Email Jeannie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to see that!
Posts: 119 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorites, the alternate endings on the DVD were quite a find considering I had no idea they existed. The Watcher was weird looking creature.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home