iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Goonies and Lost Boys SEQUALS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goonies and Lost Boys SEQUALS
jeffkn
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 843

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jeffkn   Author's Homepage   Email jeffkn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I think both of these movies are very important, very good. I think it might be a mistake to bring out sequals, even though they are already on the way... But just for the heck of it, lets hear some ideas of who the cast should be for each of them. The girl gang of lost girls, and the new gang of goonies. Somebody suggested Jason Biggs as the older brother in goonies, and Fairuza Balk as the Keifer Sutherland of lost girls. But my ideas would be Julie Bowen as the head vamp, or maybe leelee sobieski, kate beckinsale? Then for the older GOONIE brother, mabye the kid who played in Dutch? I dunno post a reply though!
Posts: 14 | From: festus, MO USA | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HATE squels, there has only ever been a few which have been anygood. Why do they want to reck such classic movies. But if i have to pick some actors to play the new goonies i have 2 actors in mind they are, devon sawa as the older brother and the guy who played stiflers brother in american pie.
When it comes to the Lost girls (which is such a stupid idea for a movie) I think patricia arquette should play the main vampire or maybe katie holmes. DOES ANY ONE AGREE

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
addicted2movies
Rewinder
Member # 583

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for addicted2movies   Email addicted2movies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i agree on the Goonies selection you had, but on the Lost Girls - Katie Homles - the characters she plays in her other movies are not even close to a vamp. i think someone could play that role better, maybe Eliza Dushku (Bring it on, Soul Survivors). She has the quality of being a lil more freaker. Plus i also heard that the old Goonies are gonna play in the movie instead.
Posts: 49 | From: Pt. Neches, Texas, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Shecki
Senior Rewinder
Member # 491

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shecki   Email Shecki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When is this coming out??? The new goonies movie, that is.
Posts: 65 | From: adss,dssad,nC | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
addicted2movies
Rewinder
Member # 583

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for addicted2movies   Email addicted2movies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I dont think they set a date for it yet, check at IMBD.com and then there site there is a link or something to where it is.
Posts: 49 | From: Pt. Neches, Texas, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitly think the original Goonies should play in the sequel. It could be like they all get in another adventure as adults. Besides, Corey Feldman is so hot now. Has anyone seen him yet in the new Moby video for "We Are All Made Of Stars"? The idea for a Lost Boys sequel with all girls seems trite and overused, though. It sounds too much like a "girl witch" movie and do we really need another one of those?
Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeannie
Master Rewinder
Member # 260

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeannie   Email Jeannie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe they even thought about it. Some films are better off left as one offs and the Goonies is one of those films!! Having Corey Feldman in it would be great though, but wotsisname the fella that play Mikey, he's all chumpy now he's older! And as for the Lost Girls, what's the point? You're right it'd be like Sabrina the Teenage Witch crossed with Buffy!!! But I do think that if it's gotta happen, then Fairuza Bulk has to be in it! And wotsername from Bring it on and Souls Survivers, played Faith in Buffy.
Posts: 119 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Rewind Curious
Member # 732

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for doodlebug   Email doodlebug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its a travesty that they are even thinking of sequels to the those two movies

that is my humble opinion

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone
Are you guys serious about them coming out with a Goonies Sequel. I didn't hear anything about this. Where did you guys hear this from and are you sure it's true? I'm really curious about this and I don't understand what they would make the sequel about. I definitely agree with you guys about the fact that it's not a good idea to try and mess up a classic, like the Goonies.

Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home