iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » movie title help (difficult one)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: movie title help (difficult one)
sifuhall
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2227

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sifuhall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First let me say I just found this site and absolutely love it!

I'll bet I spent at least 2 hours here so far today!

Anyway, I've been trying to find the title of this movie for a long time. Devolution, put your thinking cap on!

I'm thinking it was in the early 80's. We had just got cable and had HBO, TMC, and a movie channel called SelecTV. I saw this movie a few times on cable. It was R rated.

In this movie, the father is well to do and he hires a tutor for his son. The tutor teaches the son quite a bit more about "adult life" than anything else. I remember a bathtub scene and a scene where the tutor and son are in the theatre watching a movie and she puts his hand around her and right on one of her you-know-whats. [Embarrassed]

I can't remember who is in the movie.

Not much to go on I know, but maybe some of the other 80's gurus here can help me?

Posts: 19 | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
servo
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2119

- posted      Profile for servo   Email servo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Tutor, perhaps? With Mr. Olivia Newton John, a young Crispin Glover and a cameo by Kitten Natividad? Great flick, btw.
Posts: 85 | From: Redford | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sifuhall
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2227

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sifuhall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! That sounded like it so I went to IMDB and yes, that is it!

I've had that movie on my mind for at least a couple of years now with no way of finding it.

Thank you so much!

Posts: 19 | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always fun to find out the plot of the movie is the title hehe.

I read it and was like "Uh, My Tutor?" [Smile]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Things that stink. Eastern Standard time. I didn't even have a chance while I was sleeping.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woo i like this movie. i have it recorded on an old vhs tape.

why does everyone assume that you , D will know the answers their questions?? *raises eyebrow*...

[Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Spec, some people just got it.

I don't know.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved My Tutor especially the delicious Caren Kaye as the tutor. Oh the mammaries [Big Grin]
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home