iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Song Help - Only know few words

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's Song Help - Only know few words
Dxtra27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 164

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dxtra27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for an 80's song .. Has the words "Our house, let's give back to the people" .. It's NOT Madnees or Talking heads I know that song.. This song was done by a girl voice.. Reminded of Cathy dennis or Tara Kemp along the lines.. If anybody knows of what I'm talking about please email me at Dxtra@yahoo.com .. Been trying to find out the title of this song for a long long time and trying to get it..
Thanks,
Dx

Posts: 30 | From: Suburbs of PA | Registered: Oct 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Dxtra:

i am not sure if you have received an answer by email yet, but the only song i can think of, with lyrics along those lines you gave, is a song called "This House", by Tracie Spencer.

Chorus:
This house is our house
Let's do it for the people
This house is their house
Let's give it back to the people
The people of the world today

the song was from 1990 and i remember her other single, "Tender Kisses" was a big one too. i have both on cassette single.

hope that helps [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Spec, you knew that song?
I'm not worthy.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dxtra27
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 164

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dxtra27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your a god or goddess!!! Thank you soo sooo much.. It was the exact song I was looking for.. All these years.. Thanks so much!! Happy day for me [Smile]
Posts: 30 | From: Suburbs of PA | Registered: Oct 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya i remember hearing this song every morning on the way to school, listening to the radio [Roll Eyes]

you are welcome [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home