iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who do you tell.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who do you tell.....
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.... about this site?

DEVO, I know you are a teacher - have you told any of your students about the site - I guess they might see a slightly different side to you if they read some of your posts?

And the rest - who do you tell, and have any of them joined our community here as a result?

Just curious. I mention the site quite a lot, cos most of my friends are very aware that I'm a movie (and trivia) freak. many of them come look at the site, but as of today, none have posted (that I am aware of).

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one else I know, in person or on the net, shares my passion for the 80s like you guys do. So this place is my little secret I guess, heh heh.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McFly, you must be posting at like 4:27 in the morning!!!! Are you some kind of wierdo? GO TO SLEEP!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I tell my kids at school, they know that I am a blunt opinionated pain in the butt, nothing that I write would surprise them at all. They would probably laugh. They know me.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell all my friends about the site. They're all a bunch of freaks like me. I don't know why none of them post, but they visist the site quite often.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Visist? Did I just make up a new word?

You teach English right Devo? I think I need a lesson. [Frown]

What I meant was visit....

Ok, I just read the othe rpost. You teach math so you're no help to me. [Cool]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 friends who I beg and plead with to come on, I know they have checked it out, they are movie maniacs, they know everything. They both have started clubs on the Yahoo Groups. I am hoping that they write on here. I don't know why they don't. I have another friend I told about too, and I know she would be great on here, but some reason she just hasn't checked it out. Fear of the unknown-I guess. My friends I see all the time, I have showed it to them, I showed some of your pictures to them, so they could see who I am talking to all the time. But, they don't get "it"..like why I am so obsessed with this site. I have 1 friend that is really envious, because I have meet alot of people on here, that I talk to off of here, and she would love to meet people too, but doesn't have a huge obsession with anything that is going to make her meet people. And I think we are all very lucky, because with all the weirdo crap on the internet, we all seem like a pretty normal bunch, and I think you guys are really smart, and alot of fun, and I am so happy to be a part of all this.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I is not a Enlgish porfffesoor, I is good in Math.

We is DEVOOO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
It's not my fault I dont no so good. [Frown]
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've told my brother & a couple of friends but they don't seem to care, oh well their loss & my privacy [Wink]
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...Devo's skool is wayyyy gooder then yors!
[Wink]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have told my best friend, my brother, but thy still haven't got on either. I helped them with their username and such so maybe it will happen someday.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told my two best buds, and mi madre. They think its cool.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told some friends but I don't think any of them would ever join, unfortunately. Somehow none of my friends here in Germany have this nostalgia about the 80s... Just the other day I was talking to a friend about the Goonies, and she didn't even remember this movie. After I described some of it to her, she was like "oooh, yeah, that was this children's movie"... no need to say more.
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Isis, I think we've lucked out to be part of such a level headed, normal group [Smile] .

Well, I'm off to fix the hinge on that whip locker.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There’s no use in telling any of my friends or relatives about this site cause except you guys, I don’t know one single person that shares my 80’s passion...
On the contrary, most of them are glad it’s over... [Eek!] I don’t get that.
Anyway, I’m just glad that there is some kind of place for us 'nostalgic' ppl to go to and talk about the most fabulous decade EVER.

Long live the Rewind!!! [Smile]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can sympathise with you TKO, I still get a lot of shrugs and rolled eyes when my 80's obsession comes into conversation. But I know a lot of these people are hypocrites because i heard some of them quoting an 80's movie. Just about any hip band in New York has some late 70's early 80's influence so it's pretty prevalent. As for getting my brother to post, he won't be going near this site after I found out that he got kicked off a chat room for making some bonehead comments. Will give him a few years to grow up and to quote Biff from BTTF, stop being a butthead.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
I STILL remember radio djs going "Thank God the 80s are over. The 90s are going to be amazing." I think that has something to do with hype, like let's hate what's old and kiss the butt of what's new.

My cousin is really odd, he was ages 2 thru 12 in the 80s yet remembers nothing about it. He likes movies of the time, but doesn't remember Reagan, Chernobyl, Challenger, New Coke, Alf. He had never even heard Bohemian Rhapsody! One day it came on a radio and he's like "What dumb song is this?" And I'm like "Wayne's World!" He starts shaking his head with a duh expression on his face.

Nick Napolitano
Rewinder
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick Napolitano   Email Nick Napolitano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only thirteen, so most of my friends have't heard of any 80s movies... [Eek!] [Confused] ... except maybe Nightmare on Elm Street or sometimes Footloose and maybe Flashdance. I don't care though, as long as I have my rewind, I'm [Big Grin]
Posts: 42 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home