iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » MTV Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MTV Show
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night on MTV , by chance my husband was flipping through the channels, and they must have been doing a show on teenagers that got to meet their "idols'..I don't even know the name of the group, the last word was Charlotte, but they went to my hometown, that I talk about growing up in all the time, and the 3 girls in it, and the family they meet- that is my Aunt's sister-and her nieces. I didn't even realize it, I hadn't seen them in years...but it was a little weird seeing them grown up and on MTV. That group spent the night there, and had a concert, and they hung out. If my mom wouldn't have been here, I never would have put it all together, cause they didn't say their names, in the part I saw, and the group looked like nobody I cared about, so I changed it, but my mom and husband kept watching it. But, I wondered if anyone else on here saw it??
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isis, you are talking about Good Charlotte, not a great group, not in this man's opinion anyway.

We are DEVO, and not I didn't see the show.

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don;t like Good Charlotte either. In fact, most of the "punk" bands today have no right to call themselves punk anyway.

Isis, is the show you are talking about a series? Or was it just a special. I'd like to catch it when it's on again.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe, yeah it was good charlotte, i think they're ok..but then again i'm younger than all of you. lol. if it was you're aunt's sister then wouldn't it be your aunt isis?
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is my Aunt through marriage, she's married to my Uncle (my mom's brother) he's an attorney up there in that town, everyone fears him- cause he has sued the schools up there-nobody likes him-he has quite a reputation. I can't stand him now-for some personal reason, we used to be very close. I might have even written about him before, he is the first person I ever knew who owned a VCR, and we used to watch old movies like Sinbad on this movie projector at his house-I grew up with him..He used to take me to the movies. Even when I was a older, he and I got along..but he hates my one Aunt and caused alot of trouble there, and I got thrown in the middle, so since then, I haven't talked to him. It's a wonder he wasn't there checking it out. I hadn't seen those girls since I was pregnant with my son, 10 years ago, they were about 5, or 6 then. Their Dad is a nerd. Yeah, it was Good Charlotte, my mom said their name, I didn't think that sounded right-but it was. I never heard of them ever. The two girls are twins, and they have an older sister. The girls have really long blonde hair. My husband said he watched a piece of it, the guys stay over night at their house, and hung out. My husband said the guys seemed really mean, and kind of rude, they were drawing pictures on some calendar the girls had in their bedroom.
I might have to watch for it, I don't know the name of the program. But, I wanted to see if they went anywhere in my hometown. My sister-in-law has painted murals all over the town, and they could show them. She is gonna paint me a mural in my house, for my Bed N Breakfast, of a garden setting. Anyway...since my hometown is Punxsy- Weather Capitol of the World, they could talk about it, on MTV, because of Groundhog Day..I hate MTV, and so I didn't keep it on there..My son came in the room, and I had heard the mom-who I didn't recognize yet, and heard her say something about her daughter's and sex, and how they are trying to teach them morals, or something, so I turned it right then. If I see it again, by chance, then I will find out the name of the program.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Charlotte. Not that impressed with them. When they had their first single Little Things, I had hope from that song that they were going to be a more mall verdion of a favourite band of mine Social Distortion. Boy was I wrong. Get some boy band, punk them up and give them tatoos and voila Good Cahrlotte.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Riptide!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see the show... but I do agree with the comments about Good Charlotte. There is something very irritating about them. The first I heard them I thought they seemed a little ridiculous. The music was mediocre, and very poppy (if this is a word)for their image... that is another thing that bothers me about them.. the MADE clothing and, well just the entire image. It's not authentic anymore; it just seems they are trying too hard. I can believe this is considered punk.
Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To clear things up, Good Charlotte is not considered hard core punk among my age. They are more poppy punk, and ridiculed bu the true punks. Don't worry, it hasn't come to that. lol

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home