iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » for better or for worse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for better or for worse
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was wondering of what you guys think of johnny depp just now becoming a box office actor? i personally always thought he was an awesome actor before pirates of the carribean was even a possiblity. but now so many ppl are like, he's so great, he's so hot, he's so...on and on and on. he's always seemed like a cool guy, but do you guys like him better when he was in the 80's when he was up and coming, or now when he is all of a sudden up and coming again when he's been around for almost two decades?!
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny Depp has never taken acting roles on box office potential. He has always been about taking parts he finds to be more challenging and rewarding. Hes a true man of his craft.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great! i'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks so! rock on sam!
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya, depp has had a big year with pirates, and was just voted the sexiest man alive 2003. also, it's just been confirmed that he WILL play willy wonka in tim burton's upcoming charlie and the chocolate factory.

overall, he is amazing.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like you Goonie Girl, I have always been partial to Johnny Depp, even before his box office days. I first saw him in Nightmare when I was like 11, then I was hooked. Followed by Edward Scissorhands(one of my personal favorites) Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Blow and so on and so fourth. Some critics are saying, he's a mainstream guy now, he sold out, and what not. But, there was nothing mainstream about the way he portrayed Cpt. Jack Sparrow. My aunt works for Disney, and said that they almost passed him off for the character because his potrayal was to vulgar. Good thing they didn't. The part couldn't have been palyed to its entirity by anyone else.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Depp always has chosen pretty good roles. I read an interview this year, that now that he is a father he wanted to be able to make some movies his kids would like, nothing wrong with that. Anyway, I never got to see 21 Jumpstreet living in Canada, but I definetly like him better now, than in the late 80's when he was a reluctant teen idol. He is a really great actor who just keeps getting better.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
wow river...you're aunt works for disney! that's pretty cool. so is willy wonka and the chocolate factory gonna be a big box office movie or is it gonna be one of the movie roles that he always takes? i know a ton of ppl are gonna go see it just cause he's in it now, but is the movie suspected to be huge?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home