iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Friday Nights in the 80s..... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Friday Nights in the 80s.....
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We still do goofy stuff... When I have friends here, my bar room is like a real bar, it has a flat screen tv on the wall, and we play my jukebox -now..I had my mom dancing the other night, doing the jitterbug, which was way before the 80's, but it was fun. We made pizzas one night from scratch with some friends, and had a Monopoly marathon. We love playing Scattergories. I have friends that will play games like Boggle with me, and we'll snack on something, and watch movies. We do the chinese food thing sometimes too, where everyone orders something different, and we all try each others stuff. We used to have friends that we would play cards with every weekend, I love Canasta, and a game called Shanghai Rummy..that was always fun.I would cook dinner, and we'd hang out. We play a card game called spoons too, did anyone ever play that??
I always have little parties for Xmas, and for Valentine's Day, and always Halloween, and that is alot of fun still. What is the hardest part of having fun with your life, is meeting people, you want to spend more than 5 minutes with. I meet so many people, but we don't connect, where I want to just be myself, and that I am comfortable with. People are so uptight. The night we were doing the jitterbug, that was the night before Thanksgiving day, and my sister-in-law and her family were here from Florida, and another friend of mine was here, we were goofing around, and my sister-in-law they are very uptight, and looked at us, like we had gone off the deep end. I think "lighten up". All my friends will sit through movies I love, but that don't love them like me. I have a few friends, who really liked the older tv shows, and now that I have been buying all my favorites, they have started doing it too, so I think that is cool. Tonight I have friends coming...we are baking cookies, and probably going to watch Prancer..I wanted to do it last weekend, and ran out of time. I don't know, but don't the days seem so much shorter now than they used to??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Otoh, there go the water buffalos" [Wink]

I usually don't say alot, but the topics lately have brought me out of my "Cocoon". The 80s were a special time for me as well. I enjoyed both High School & College in the 80s and it is a time period I will always cherish.

I'm older now and these are my thoughts:

1. Your body grows older, but your mind doesn't have to. I'm 37 years old, but I don't realize that I'm any older than when I was 25. If you listen to society, it will force you to act a proper way or live your life a certain way. I'm here to say, do what you want to do, chase your Dream while you still can. Don't let other people talk you out of what you really want in life. [Razz]

2. Enjoy your youth because life only gets tougher as you get older. When you're a teenager or in college, most people can't wait to graduate and get a real job. I would do anything to go back to my part-time/low paying/low responsibility job I had in College. My main goal back then was to earn enough money to go on vacation with my friends to Florida. [Cool]

3. Time goes by, but your memory never fades. I think this is the reason most of us are here on an 80s website. Our memory of the 80s takes us back to a special time and place that is deep in our hearts.

If you're still reading I have more, but I'll save them for some other time. If you're over 30, you will probably agree with my thoughts. If you're under 30 you will probably think get this old guy back on his medication. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2157

- posted      Profile for 8675309   Email 8675309   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McFly, I feel your pain! I had to work tonight, too(on my night off [Mad] )but luckily on Friday nights there is a syndicated radio program - I think it's called 12 inch hits -that plays 80's remixes for 4 hours. It definitely made work less painful.

ValleyCat I really like your list of thoughts. I am 28 and recently went back to college to get my BA. I dream of going on vacation but I have to work part-time because I have so many bills to pay. Life was so much easier before credit cards! [Eek!]

Speaking of Friday nights, did anyone ever watch Freddy's Nightmares? The violence was scaled down from the movies but it was still enough to freak me out! Scary movies, sleepovers, and gabbing about boys were what Friday nights were all about.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8675309 (Jenny!), Freddy's Nightmares wasn't bad for a late night Saturday show. The one image I remember is of a cop on duty outside a house eating chicken. His paper plate falls to the ground and blood starts pouring all over it, plus chicken bones, hehe.

Isis hit on the head about meeting someone you connect with. VERY rarely does that happen, people I meet nowadays seem to have a character flaw I just cannot overlook. The few that don't peter out unfortunately. I email, call and stop by, but its never met with much enthusiasm. So I end up going "what a shock, another bites the dust".

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home