iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » little darlings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: little darlings
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just saw this movie for the first time last night...and i love it!!!! it's really cool and very true. have any of you guys ever seen it and what did you think of it?
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is one of my all time favorites!!! I love camp movies!!!! I loved Kristy McNichol in that movie. I love the soundtrack, especially the first song at the beginning.( It might be called-Give the boys something to dream about.....) It is a perfect movie, they don't make them like that any more. I highly recommend it!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....I think that was probably the first time I ever looked at a boy and thought "SCHWING!!!!" Matt Dillon is supa-fine in that movie. I also love Kristy MacNichols charactor, Angel. Thats how I was as a teenager.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mammamia, "schwing"???

i love little darlings. the old food fight scene is great. it's a cute movie. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt Dillon is still "supa-fine" mamamia... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean he was THE FIRST person I ever had impure thoughts about. It was a real "Ohhhh...so THAT'S what boys are FOR!!!!!" awakening!!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol!!! mamamias. that is so funny. i'm glad i brought that memory back for you. lol.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got to see it a few weeks ago as well. It is a cute movie and it was fun to see a very young Cynthia Nixon. [Smile]

I don't know how true it was though. I went to camp almost every summer for four years in a row and never were there talks in our groups about sex or anything like that. Oh don't get me wrong we all swooned and drooled over the cute counselor but I don't recall anything past that. Maybe I was just in a different group that didn't talk about things like that.

Regardless, it was a cute movie. It was different to see a group of girls making the bets etc, instead of a movie about guys doing the same thing (ie. American Pie, etc.)

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
i didn't mean it was true about the whole camp thing. i meant like the pressure and stuff like that about sex. sorry if i confused anybody.
spyke65
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for spyke65   Email spyke65   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That first song in the movie is called "Shake It" by Ian Matthews - a "one hit wonder".

I love this movie too and saw it when it was in the theatres.

Did you guys know there are TWO versions of it? The one they played in the theaters, and then the one they played on TV - which had additional footage!

I hope when and IF they ever release it on DVD - they add all the additional footage!

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie too! It reminds me soo much of me and my friends...to a degree...lol. No but, I think it really is an accurate depiction of hormonal teens. Great flick, even better cast!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2051

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Swan   Email Swan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy S!!!!

Cynthia Nixon was Sunshine!?!? [Eek!] [Eek!]

I'll be damned! Go fig [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 22 | From: japan | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to add how much I love this movie. It's got everything a good movie should have. It's in my top ten of 80s movies.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home