iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie bloopers that were left in the film.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie bloopers that were left in the film.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, have any of you seen a movie where after repeated viewings, you watch a scene where there is a mistake that was left in? I'm thinking about this scene in Empire Strikes back which one of my friend pointed out that the Stormtrooper hit his head on the door when they are looking for Luke and Hans Solo in the Deathstar base. I also remember this movie with the two Corey's, Blown Away i think. there iis this scene where there is an explosion and Corey Haim goes flying, my friend pointed out that you can see the spring board at the bottom of the screen that he's using. Hilarious. Anyone else spot some of these mistakes in other movies?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My VHS of RepoMan, the scene where the punk guy & girl are sitting in a car talking just before they go in and rob some store, at the bottom of the picture you can see the track the camera is rolling along to get the zoom-in shot.

I've often seen the boom mike hover at the top of the screen in films. In Tron Jeff Bridges actually nudges the boom mike with his hand in the arcade, you can see it on the original DVD release but they cropped that scene for the 20th anniversary DVD to remove that (boo!).

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
theres a chase scene in the movie Commando where from shot to shot a car goes from being smashed up to having no dents.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, get comfortable:

In Twins, when Devito hook shots a paper towel into the trash, notice the beer bottle on top of the dispenser disappear;

In T2, when the rig goes flying into the flood channel, the windshield pops out, yet when they pan up to the T1000 a second later, the windshield is back in;

In BTTF, when Fox is talking to Glover while hanging laundry, Fox's shirt flaps go in and out; the odometer changes readings during the mall chase; the letter Marty writes has a word included on one line, but not later when Doc shows him at the mall; the wire pulling Fox back in the opening scene when he strums the guitar in front of the big speaker;

In 18 Again, Schlatter bumps Tony Roberts in the head with his running trophy at the end of the film;

In Walk Like A Man, after a church scene, notice the boom mic at the bottom of the screen when Amy Steel is talking to Christopher Lloyd;

In Fabulous Baker Boys, when Bridges shoves Bridges into a fence, notice some guy standing just out of frame as the camera pans

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love stuff like this. I always amaze my friends and family when I pick out things that aren't supposed to be there. Then they say...you watch too much tv! [Roll Eyes] [Smile]

I love this one...at the end of Teen Wolf. When the team has just won and everyone is running off the stands and onto the floor...keep your eyes at the top of the screen. There is a person standing up cheering with their fly down and you see them realize it and try to zip it up. It's hard to tell who it is because their head isn't in the shot. It's a neck down shot. Cracks me up everytime...pants a little tight while sitting!?! [Wink]

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about in Goonies when Mikey calls Brand by his real name Josh? That's funny.

There is also a scene in Sleep Away Camp that gets me every time. In the beginning you see a cop that comes to the camp and he's got a big bushy brown stash. Towards the end of the movie you see the cop again but this time his mustache is a piece of black tape! That just cracks me up! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone:

Since we're talking about bloopers, try this site:

http://www.nitpickers.com

Movie mistakes are sometimes cute, like continuity problems, or factual/geographical errors, or if the microphone or camera (or its shadow or mirror reflection) gets in the shot.

It's one thing if a certain movie is a low-budget production; because they can't afford to do lots of retakes. But it's amusing when a bigger-budget film has lots of unintentional errors.

But what I really like are the "gag reels" or outtakes that are eventually used in the final print. They are either actors messing up their lines or forgetting them. Or if a certain prop falls down, etc. Or actors bumping into furniture or the camera crew, etc.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! You reminded me of another called by the wrong name ones: A girl calls Val Kilmer Val in The Doors, instead of Jim (Morrison). She goes "It's you they want, Val."
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theres looooooads here...

http://www.movie-mistakes.com/

[Smile]

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great posts and links guys. These little glitches adds a whole new dimension to these movies.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and oftentimes, the glitches, bloopers, and mistakes are more funnier than the actual movie itself!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Was watching High School USA, and when Michael J. Fox's character goes yo his house he starts waking towards the phone even before it rings. Hilarious. I know for sure I have seen another 80's movie with a pre-mature walk to the phone before it rings thing happening.
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wheels. Look closely & don't blink.

In The Dirt Bike Kid if you can see the stabilising wheel on the motorbike when it's driving round on it's own.

In Back to the Future II you can see the real wheel of the DeLorean (it's hovering) when it pulls away after letting Marty go on the Hoverboard to retreive the gray's sports almanac from Biff in the tunnel.

In License to Drive when Corey is giving a lift home to Corey on his bike you can see the two rear wheels of whatever 'bike' they're sitting on for the front-on shots.

My laserdisc of License to Drive arrived a couple of days ago but don't have a player yet & I just won the laserdisc of My Demon Lover, when I get enough discs I'll get a player and transfer them to DVD-R. Anyone selling Howard The Duck laserdisc?

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Although it's from the late 50's, it is still worth noting....

Alfred Hitchcock's classic "North by Northwest" (1959). There is a scene where someone is shot in a restaurant. In the background, you see a boy covering his ears *BEFORE* the gunshot is fired!

It gives you the impression that they must have done the scenes several times, and the kid probably didn't want to damage his hearing with all the constant retakes!

[Cool]

SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one kind of ties into Riptide's telephone bloopers, except it was with a walkie talkie.
In the "Monster Squad" when the Dad runs into the house and uses the walkie talkie to see where Sean is at...You hear Sean responding before the dad lets go of the button to talk

Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a good one...In Sixteen Candles, when the Baker family is trying to all load into one car to go to Ginny's wedding, everyone keeps switching positions and getting in and out of the car. Finally, they all take their positions but Grandma Baker doesn't make it back into the car. You can actually see her squat down and duck by the side of the car just so they could finish shooting the scene [Smile] . Classic!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I'll have to watch that scene again, thanks Cindy. I saw two things tonight in Risky Business. One of them is in the restaurant when Tom Cruise is trying to get the two guys to indulge in his "business". He puts his cigarette out in the ashtray, then the camera shows another angle, and he still has the cigarett in his hand! Also in the moving truck near the end, when Guido is going to give Joel the Crystal we see in the truck that there is more furniture, but then we see the truck drive away, and it is empty!
JAV666
Rewind Curious
Member # 2096

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JAV666     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an earlier movie, BAMBI...

but at the end when the bambi and buck finish jumping off the waterfall and all the animals are gathering on the island, there is a racoon licking her baby and the baby just disapears, like from 1 frame to the next.

just a small glitch but still, I didn't notice till I watched it with my son.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the Future. When Marty first arrives in 1955 you see the Mayor candidates car drive behind him with 2 speakers on the roof. A few seconds later the same car comes into shot again and now only has 1 speaker. The sign on the roof changes direction also. [Smile]

Another BTTF error. When Marty is in the cafe in 1955 he looks up Doc Brown in the phone book and finds his name on the left hand page. When he tears a page out he tears the right hand page.

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eight Men Out took place in 1919. When the players are hanging out in the bar theres a Viceroy cigarette sign on the wall. Viceroy started in 1936.

Ali mentioned above that in the Goonies Mikey calls Brand Josh. I never caught the error. Does anyone know what part of the movie it happens

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 40mins in when they are in the abandoned cafe, he says "There is something buried under there Josh"

I've seen this movie soo many times I can quote it word for word [Big Grin]

Did you know at the end when the kids are at the beach telling the police and parents what happened data says "The octopus very scary", there actually was an octopus scene but it was deleted, I'm glad it was [Smile]

https://www.google.com/search?q=goonies+octopus+scene&oq=goonies+octopus+scene&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l2j0i390l2.12670j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung-gs-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobil e&ie=UTF-8

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never seem to catch movie goofs unless they're super obvious. Idk, I guess I'm just not looking hard enough for them when I'm watching a movie.

[ 14. January 2023, 08:05: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Understandable Pyro, after all most people put a movie on to enjoy the movie not look for errors. Now me on the other hand love finding booboos so I look for them. Lol. I have to admit the one i posted about above in Eight Men Out was a lucky break for me. I had recently done some research on all cigarette brands and just happened to watch Eight Men Out soon after and spotted the Viceroy sign. Pretty cool stuff😁
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one I always think of is the spring board they forgot to edit out in Love Actually, in the airport scene. Pretty funny.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home