iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I can't believe this one! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I can't believe this one!
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch TV shows like "Entertainment Tonight", "Extra", and "Access Hollywood". But none of them has never mentioned Jonathan Brandis' death.

I guess those reporters are still too busy covering the Kobe Bryant trial, the Scott & Laci Peterson double-homicide case, and the recent police investigation on Michael Jackson, to cover something like Jonathan.

I'm not taking anything away from the tragedy of Jonathan's death, but there's only so much the media can handle.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well instead of filling us with loads of crap on "Dashton" and "Bennifer" they could have at least found time to make some small mention. Maybe it'll be in the nesxt People magazine, they don't usually miss stuff like that.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think because he was mostly unknown, it went unrecognized. Seaquest got him a little fame, but since it went off years ago I haven't seen him in much. He was in the Bruce Willis flick Hart's War last year, but nothing else much of note.

I liked him in Stepfather 2 and even though Neverending Story II was lame, he was a good young actor in it. Even stuff like Sidekicks and Ladybugs he showed a strong ability.

I'm only three months older than him, so it really stunned me more than some other recent celeb deaths.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally some recognition. News Story on E!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I didn't even read the story before I posted the link, he was alive when they found him! How sad!
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still sick about it!!! [Frown] I can't stop thinking about him.... Didn't anyone notice that he was depressed??? Couldn't some help in some way?? I mean he is just a few years older than I am. It is just so hard to think of people around your age dead. I had a shrine to hime on my bedroom wall growing up almost the whole wall was covered in his pics... I loved him as an actor!!! He will be greatly missed!!! By me at least.... [Frown] Total shock! I am in denial..... [Frown]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I totally agree with you Tres. It's so shocking that someone so young would take their own life. It also sucks that it took somebody so long to recognize it.

Yesterday afternoon I emailed E! Online and asked if they had any info on his death, which took place over a week ago. They didn't email me back but when I checked the site today I saw they finally had something about him.

It is really very depressing and said when anyone dies, but it's so much harder when they are young. I'm going to pray for his family and loved ones today. It's just really so awful. [Frown]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is terrible that he was alive, you'd think if it wasn't a gun or knife, that they could revive him, if he was still alive when they found him, and died the next day. That is awful. He was an only child, just think how distraught his parents are. It said his signifigant other was Tatyana Ali.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is tragic. When I was little he was my favorite actor, and I told my mom I was gonna marry him. lol. I had a poster of him from Ladybugs on my wall. When ever they play it on tv, ususally on superstation on dinner and a movie, I would make ita point to tune in. About a month ago, there was a tv movie on lifetime, it didn't look very intersting but I tuned in cuz he was in it. It also starred Melissa Joan Hart. This is truly terrible, my condolences toi his family and friends.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he couldn't have been depressed romantically. To read the string of women he dated.... [Eek!]
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Cindymancini's post:
quote:
Well, the other day I went to rent some movies. I found a copy of "Just One of the Girls" starring Corey Haim and Nicole Eggert. I had never seen this before so I decided to rent it...
The movie was also known as "Anything For Love". But it was first shown on NBC-TV in 1993 as "Just One of the Girls".

After I saw it on TV, I noticed that the story seemed like a sexual role-reversal gender-switch of "Just One Of The Guys", where a high school girl tries to pass herself off as a guy.

For what it's worth, the screenwriter (Raul Fernandez) of "Just One of the Girls" once dated my sister back in the late 80's to early 90's. They later broke up, but it was an amicable split. In fact, when my sister married someone else in 1994, she invited Raul to the wedding, and he attended!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Did The Corey's tag along as well?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it's a shame, I faintly remeber him in the early 80's show the Edison Twins. More recently I do have a story to tell about him. I don't know exactly where he lives now, but in the late 90's I heard that he lived in my area in Montreal. I never bumped into him downtown but I briefly dated a girl who did. She worked at a Pharmacy and she told me that one night he came in totally wired and got all this medication saying it was prescribed by the doctors. She told me how bummed she was after that incident. Makes you wonder. The best thing I think he could do is write a book akin to Motley Crue's best seller the Dirt. I know it could sell well. If done well it could be a fascinating read. I just hope it isn't too late for him.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Ali_with_an_i asked about my sister's wedding:
quote:
Did The Corey's tag along as well?
No, they weren't invited. And even if they were, both of them would've been too stoned to attend anyway! [Big Grin]
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Oh well. It would've been something to tell your grandkids.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home