iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » NAME OF A MOVIE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NAME OF A MOVIE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
JAIMIE
Rewind Curious
Member # 2076

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JAIMIE   Email JAIMIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI ALL,

I NEED HELP. I AM GOING CRAZY TRYING TO REMEMBER THE NAME OF THIS MOVIE. THE PLOT IS ALL ABOUT A NEW WORKOUT STUDIO RUN BY THIS LADY WHO HAS A SON. A FOOTBALL TEAM GOES TO THE GYM AND SHE STARTS DATING ONE OF THEM. THERE IS ANOTHER GYM WHOS OWNER WANTS HER TO CLOSE DOWN, SO THEY HAVE A CONTEST TO SEE WHO CAN LAST THE LONGEST, THE CONTEST IS ADVERTISED ON THE TV AND RADIO. I REMEMBER THE NIGHT BEFORE THE CONTEST THE OWNER OF THE OTHER GYM COMES OVER TO HER APARTMENT AND HE HITS ON HER. SHE TURNS HIM DOWN, AND HE GETS ROUGH WITH HER AND SHE FALLS AND HITS HER KNEE ON A TABLE. DURING THE CONTEST HER LEG STARTS TO BLEED BUT SHE KEEPS GOING. IN THE END I KNWO HER GYM WINS. I THINK THE ACTRESS NAME IN REAL LIFE IS CYNTHIA. CAN ANYONE HELP????

THANKS,
JAIMIE

Posts: 3 | From: NEW JERSEY | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara
Rewinder
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope sorry . i havent heard of any movie like that. who were some of the acters in it that might help? [Big Grin]
Posts: 40 | From: arlington tx | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen it myself,but could it be PERFECT starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Vincent Vega(!!).
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's not PERFECT, that is a movie about a reporter that writes about a health club, not a good movie at all.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about :

-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DedpCYpOxg

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that this is the classic Heavenly Bodies starring Cynthia Dale.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It´s cool that you mentioned Pulsebeat
because i just found out that it was also released on VHS here in Finland.

This Spanish/American collaboration was called Shape-Up here in europe and i would love to get it.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK,

you were right about Heavenly Bodies.

At first i was also thinking about that Cynthia name, but i mixed up Cynthia Dale with Cynthia Gibb.
Cynthia Gibb has some real-life dancing skills, so i thought this must be the girl !
So i searched for her 80's movies, but the only thing that came close was the Fame television-series
from back in the day. I asumed that couldn't be it though. Therefore i started looking for movies
with a similar storyline, and so i came up with Pulsebeat although there's no one called Cynthia in it.
The story did come pretty close though.

Very cool artwork for Pulsebeat / Shape Up. [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been going through topics on the Rewind, which is how I came across this post. When I read the description of the film under discussion, then I recognised straight away that it was indeed Heavenly Bodies from having viewed it. I took down the email address and sent an email giving the film's name and mentioning some other related subjects, such as Cynthia Dale's official website. What Jaimie thought, I have no idea as I didn't receive a reply, but at least somebody answered the question.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have good news... according to the back cover of the VHS the tape is MONO COMPATIBLE.

I'm pretty sure that is one of the most pressing issues regarding Heavenly Bodies so I wanted to assuage any and all worry regarding this matter:

-

Also, you may wish to ogle the tape:

-

If you don't have the VHS, watch for it on Turner Classic Movies (totally didn't imagine this movie ever airing on there, but I can't complain, they even showed it in widescreen... and they played Modern Girls a few months back too).

Anyway -- Down with Jack Pearson! That guy sucks!

The dance montage set to 'Into the Flow' by Boys Brigade is great (it's on the youtube if you aren't famliar).

This concludes my Heavenly Bodies ramblings for now. Possibly watch for more in other random threads!!

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home