iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Out of the three

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Out of the three
Rico
Rewind Curious
Member # 2042

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rico   Email Rico   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the three which was the best 80's vampire movie, Fright Night, Lost Boys, or Near Dark?
Posts: 10 | From: california | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't need to dwell on that one, LOST BOYS!!!!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOST BOYS!!!!!
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karl thomasson
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2023

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karl thomasson   Email karl thomasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys
Posts: 61 | From: bluff city, tennessee | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys!!!!
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The jury's out on this case.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I have to pick just one?

A toughie.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I am going to against the grain and say near dark, I love that movie, and it's just different.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Rewind Curious
Member # 2042

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rico   Email Rico   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definately thought Fright Night was the best.
Posts: 10 | From: california | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i haven't seen near dark yet (but i will). i would have to say that fright night and lost boys are just about the same for me. i love them both.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well guess...

LOST BOYS of course!!! [Smile]

although I really liked Fright Night too, but Lost Boys just had the coolest and sexiest Vampires!
(I must admit, I haven't seen the third one... shame on me!)

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys. Those men were smokin'!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys is awesome, I also liked Fright Night though. I have not seen Near Dark?? What is that?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen Near Dark either..and I agree with Ronnie, I like the Lost Boys and Fright Night pretty much equally.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw Near Dark the other night. I think I'd have to say the Lost Boys was better. It's just more enjoyable to watch. Near Dark was really different. It left me with such a strange feeling. I thought Jenny Wright did an excellent job, as did Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen. The simplicity of the blood tranfusion thing kind of bothered me. If I watched that movie again, it would have to be in a couple of years.

Also---I didn't really see it when I read the post about how freaky Joshua Miller is, but now I do. Ugh... what a scary little creature he is.

Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I just saw Near Dark the other night. I think I'd have to say the Lost Boys was better.
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Near Dark - hands down. NO contest whatsoever - you get the idea.

Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Rewind Curious
Member # 2042

Rate Member
Well, so far it's

LOST BOYS

Rico
Rewind Curious
Member # 2042

Rate Member
LOST BOYS: 9
NEAR DARK: 2
FRIGHT NIGHT: 1

Doesn't anybody like fright night?

deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think everybody likes Fright Night. It's just that Lost Boys was, I don't know, more enjoyable to watch (can't find the right word). I remember that Fright Night actually freaked me out when I watched it for the first time at 13 or something, but it's definitely an awesome movie! [Cool]
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually, Fright Night was the first horror movie I ever saw in a theatre..so I do have a soft spot for it. I liked Evil Ed the best. NEAR DARK I only saw once and I wasnt too crazy about it....maybe I have to rent it again. Lost Boys just works for me on so many different levels.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will admit, I saw Fright Night before I saw Lost Boys. Fright Night to me was a sophisticated horror movie in some ways, as Chris Sarandon was really smooth and deceptive.

Lost Boys on the other hand was like..wham! everything is out in the open and the ultimate surprise was Max being the head of the vampires.

I have never see Near Dark, or I would have commented on that one as well, but I will be more than happy to watch it to be objective. As soon as I find it to buy I will let you know what I think.

I think in all fairness though, I would have to say scaryiness percentage as much as I loved the movie Lost Boys, to me, Fright Night was scarier .

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys all the way! [Cool]
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostboy84
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2045

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lostboy84   Author's Homepage   Email lostboy84   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just look at my name i think its obvious
Posts: 15 | From: pa | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Rewind Curious
Member # 2042

Rate Member
LOST BOYS: 13
NEAR DARK: 2
FRIGHT NIGHT: 1

There has got to be somebody else in this world who likes Fright Night more than Lost Boys.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home