iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie Makers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie Makers
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had to post a new topic as I looked through every thread and couldnt come up with anything to comment about...so...........

If you were to make a movie, what genre would it fit and who would you star in the leading roles.

I guess I will start because I created the thread..

I would do a action/adventure film set in Europe and it would star Alan Cumming and Elizabeth Hurley.. [Big Grin] I would call it: No Time to Die

This is just a fun exercise to get the brain cells going, we are not going to hold you to actually making the movie or anything..(unless you want to?) I just got bored, wanted to start somethin.. [Wink]

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine would be a sappy romance w/ deep dialogue and a tragic ending. It would star River Phoenix and Amanda Peterson! I should start this.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Rewind Curious
Member # 2042

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rico   Email Rico   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would make a movie centered around a large pack of female vampires that live in a surpising well lit underground maze of caves. Britney spears would be the head vampiress with about 30 vampires girls in the pack. Then a runaway, who also happens to be a vampire is intoduced into the pack, played by Christina Aguilara. After a singing contest between britney and Christina to see who's going to be in charge of the pack, they decide to have a duel. Christina wins, and becomes the new leader. Soon after, a man discovers thier layer. He is also a vamipre, played by Chris Sarandon from Fright Night. He tells them he is going to make them all his wives. When he leaves to bring his army of male vampires back, Britney and Christina have to work together to defeat him. In the end they do, and letting go of thier difference, britney and christina and the rest of the pack live happily ever after.
Posts: 10 | From: california | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's insult to all vampires everywhere.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, I know that I for one probably would not go see that, not because of vampires, but the stars that are in it. I know that Britney and Christina have a large fan following, I am just glad Im moving in the opposite direction.
Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
I second that Rose!

Tootles! [Wink]

nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine would be a romance? No... I don't know if what I have in mind would be a romance, but it would surely be depressing. It would star John Cusack. I haven't considered the female lead because this character is thinly disguised as myself, thus a very hard casting decision on that one, and I am no actress. It's too complicated to explain without a vast amount of detail. I have had this idea for sometime. John's character would be kind of a loner, very intelligent--- seeing the world with a very interesting perspective... a good teacher or mentor. There would be witty dialogue and I vow never to have a deux ex machina. Those are just a few very random thoughts on my film.
Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've written my dream script a few years ago heh heh. Total John Hughes teens adventure with sex, booze and finding the meaning of life. I would cast unknowns as there isn't anyone nowadays I like all that much. If I was casting back then, ooh the possiblities:

MJFox as the lead;
Kelly Preston as the sexpot;
Elisabeth Shue as the sensitive girl next door;
Corey Haim as the virginal nerd;
Judd Nelson as the troublemaker;

and so on [Smile]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
These are great!. Actually in a movie with John Cusack, he may not need a leading lady, or perhaps an unknown actress that has no prior hollywood smarminess about her. These were a lot of fun, thanks for participating. Feel free to add a couple more ideas folks, there is a budding writer in all of us im sure...

well there is isnt there?

nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention-- I love Alan Cumming!
Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
I know, me too. I first saw him in Romi and Michelle's high school reunion, and had no idea he was Scottish!. Then I saw him in this really dreadful christmas film with a genie called..Bernard and the Genie, but I loved him in it! He is quite a thespian he is and he does not look his age at all..I saw him on So Graham Norton on BBC America and his is 38 years old! It was so awesome to see him too, he was promoting X2 of course..I was glad he was in that too, my kids and I are big XMen fans.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home