iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Horror: The Villain Of The 80's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horror: The Villain Of The 80's
giladir
Rewind Curious
Member # 2010

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for giladir   Email giladir   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Who Do U Think Was The Villain Of That Era?
1.Freddy Kruger's "ANOES"
2.Jason Voorhees's "Friday The 13th"
3.Chucky's "Child's Play"
4.Michael Myers's "Halloween 2"
5.Pin Head's "Hellraiser"
U Can Add More...

I Think That Freddy Was The One, But I'm Kinda Bribed...

Posts: 3 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Myer's was the man!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MM, you know it [Wink]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Myers was evil personified.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Myers
Jason
The Terminator
Freddy Kruger

Take your pick.

Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

In terms of more quality movies I give it to Jason. Halloween 3-- horrible.

Not that Friday the 13th part 5 was that great, but what can you do.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, I think when you get past # 3 in a horror movie, you become immortal, then no one can get you..so it becomes stupid, I always hope one of the main charcaters actually gets to kill the bad guy. So my favorite scary killers, are the nut from Slumber Party Massacre, and the crazy guy in He Knows Your Alone, those scared me, especially He Knows Your Alone, because that seemed more believable. And the crazy psycho in Silent Scream, cause it was a derranged woman...played by Barbara Steele, and she looked the part, and scared me to death.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch a lot of horrors in the 80's, I really like this one called Black Christmas. Anyone ever see that?
Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Black Christmas on DVD, someone recommended it to me, it is different that's for sure. I like John Saxton-he was a great actor and in a ton of 80's movies.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well did anyone see the 100 GREATESR SCARY MOMENTS on tv over the weekend (UK CH4). It was an 80's movie that grabbed the no.1 slot, naturally it was The Shining.Closely followed by The Exorcist,Jaws and Alien. This was'nt too bad a show but it would have been better if they had just listed movies 'cos on a couple of occasions UK soaps were mentioned....and thats just scary in itself.Some tv shows were in the list like Dr.Who and the X-Files but there was no mention of Sapphire and Steel.Now that is spooky stuff,I was lent video tapes of this series and boy did I sleep with the light on that night.Creeeeeepy
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Black Christmas. It was also known as Silent Night Evil Night. I own that on DVD, it may not be the best slasher thriller but it gets the job done. [Smile]

As for villian of the 80s, I like Freddy. They got a bit cheesy as time went on but Robert Englund was always fun to watch. No one will or can ever play that role except for him!

Also, he may not be as well known but Bruce Campbell is always in horror films. If I had two votes he'd get one as well.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta say Freddys my favorite. I love Michael Meyers too. Maybe a tie.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Meyers is scarier, but my favorite has to be Freddy Krueger.
Actually I don’t even consider him much as a villain anymore. He’s too funny:

'Will' Stanton : In the name of Lowrick, Prince of Elves, demon be gone!
Freddy : Sorry kid! I don't believe in fairy tales!
... [Eek!]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay he isnt a character in a movie but he really helped make horror come alive on the big screen in the 80's and that was Steven King. Even though he started late in the 70's with the movies that came from his books, I still think that when I watch them, I have to close my hands over my eyes, cause I dont want to see what's coming next.. [Eek!]
Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI The movie Stand By me was based on Steven Kings novella The body! Rememeber, I am a fanatic.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
Thats right I do remember hearing that or reading it some where. "bows to the fanatic" I do believe there is nothing you do not know about. Impressive.
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Thank You Rose but I believe that honor goes to DEVO. [Big Grin]
You are an awesome addition to the board. Keep posting!

Tootles! [Wink]

Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
Thank you Thank you!

Like I said I have found my niche and Im loving every minute of it. I am as happy as a pig in the mud..lol. This is a great forum and I have so much to learn, Im just soaking it all up.. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home