iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Most Memorable '80's movie scene?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Most Memorable '80's movie scene?
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Had to be in Desperately Seeking Susan where Madonna dried her armpits in a public bathroom (yeeeeeah)!

2. Next is Pretty In Pink, prom scene.

3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off, ferris leads the parade singing old beatle's tunes.

4. Top Gun, scene where Maverick and his girlfriend breakup and Take My Breath Away is played in background. Awesome. Soundscores usually make or break the movie.

Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theres so many for me....

(no particular order)

John Candy as Uncle Buck walking through the school with Tone Loc's "Wild Thing" playing.

Planes trains and Automobiles... "Those AREN'T PILLOWS!!!" and also Steve Martin at the Car Rental counter...

Fast Times at Ridgemount High. Judge Reinhold's fantasy sequence with Phoebe Cates and the swimming pool, grrrrr.

Clue, "Let us in let us in....." "Let us out let us out.."

Crocodile Dundee "Thats not a knife, this is a knife!"

Adventures in Babysitting, Elizabeth Shue dancing around at the beginning to "Then he kissed me".

I'd better stop now before I fill the page. I could go on all day. [Razz]

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noikz:

Fast Times at Ridgemount High. Judge Reinhold's fantasy sequence with Phoebe Cates and the swimming pool, grrrrr.

I agree 100%

Also in Stand By Me when the boys are crossing the train trestle

Ally Sheedy adding her own snow to her drawing in The Breakfast Club

Rodney Dangerfield performing his Triple Lindy dive in Back To School

The scene in Porkys when the assistant coach finds out why they call her Lassie

The make out scene on the El train between Tom Cruise and rebbecca DeMornay in Risky Business

I too could go on but I'll give all of you a chance to list yours.

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand By Me- Train testle scene

Last American Virgin- the very end(don't wanna spoil it if u haven't seen it)

Breakfast Club- scene where Clare gives her earring to Bender and scene w/ the lipstick.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antha
Rewind Curious
Member # 1999

- posted      Profile for Antha   Author's Homepage   Email Antha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys - train bridge scene

Labyrinth - Ballroom/illusion scene

Stand By Me - the leeches scene

Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goonies: the penny/wishing well scene..."well this is my dream, and i'm taking it back, i'm taking them all back."
The breakfast club: after they all get high when they're dancing around the library.
Standy by Me: the leech scene
Lost boys: "my own brother, a ****-sucking vampire."
Clue: one group is running up the stairs, one is running down, and they collide with each other.
The Outsiders: the rumble between the soc's and the greasers.

Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i forgot in Dirty Dancing: the final dance.."i've had the time of my life."
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cs1992
Rewinder
Member # 694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cs1992   Email cs1992   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say Anything - When Loyd Dobler olds the radio over his head
Posts: 45 | From: Norbolt, ND, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Napolitano
Rewinder
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick Napolitano   Email Nick Napolitano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Flashdancec end sequence. So incredibly energetic!

In Dirty Dancing when she finally does the damn lift. That was great!

Fast Times... Brad's fantasy scene with Linda. Talk about sexy mama!

Posts: 42 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Napolitano
Rewinder
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick Napolitano   Email Nick Napolitano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Flashdance audition scene. So energetic!

In Dirty Dancing when she finally does the damn lift.

Fast Times... The topless Phoebe Cates scene. Hot!!!!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 42 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
valley girl: (when randy is asking julie out after he sneaks back into the party)
julie- "wait a minute, where are we gonna go?"
randy- "...i don't care."
julie- "what are we gonna do?
randy- "ANYTHING. i'll be waiting for you *kiss*

aliens: "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU B!TCH"

[Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Dean Youngblood (Rob Lowe)avenges his injured buddy Patrick Swayze and beats up the goon Rakki at the end of the game after scoring the winning goal in Youngblood.

Tom cruise and Val Kilmer fighting off the hated Migs in Top Gun.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
When Dean Youngblood (Rob Lowe)avenges his injured buddy Patrick Swayze and beats up the goon Rakki at the end of the game after scoring the winning goal in Youngblood.

We got a bingo here folks.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenohtwo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1926

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tenohtwo   Author's Homepage   Email tenohtwo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Fast Times - the pool sequence

2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Cameron's speech before kicking the car

3. The Last American Virgin - the ending

4. The Breakfast Club - the lunch scene

5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Ferris running home

6. Porky's - The peephole scene

7. Back To The Future - the clock tower scene

Posts: 27 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home