iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Camp Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Camp Movies
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love movies, funny or scary that take place at Camp, I am going to name some of the ones I like, but would love to hear of ones that I might never have seen or didn't even know existed, so I hope everyone will add to this one...

Meatballs
Little Darlings
Cheerleader Camp
Friday the 13th-of course
Ernest goes to Camp

Did anyone here ever go to camp, and stay over night? I did with the girl scouts, and then was a camp counsleor at a day camp,as a teenager, it was so fun. We had a food fight, and a friend of mine laughed so hard she peed her pants! We had squirt battles on the bus, we used these water bottle things- that were like those hugs drinks-in the barrels-we'd poke a hole in the top, and squeeze them and squirt each other. Does anyone have some fun camp memories??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
counselor- I spelled it wrong, before someone corrects me... [Razz]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wish i could say i've been to camp but i never got to go. i feel like i missed out on alot of fun!
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the camp movies as well. Here's a few others...

Sleepaway Camp (oh boy, how about that ending...)

Summer Camp Nightmare (Lord of the Flies goes to camp)

The First Turn On! (one of the early Troma movies, a riot)

Wet Hot American Summer (don't let the fact that this was made in 2001 fool you, this has the look and feel of an 80's movie)

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not 80's, but I love Heavyweights w/ Ben Stiller!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's not strictly a camp movie as such.. but Addams Family Vaues has some excellent scenes at summer camp with Peter MacNichol as camp leader.
On a more personal note, I thought about signing up for Camp America this year,but too late on applying and fear of planes got the better of me.Damnit!!! I'm gonna have to get on a plane one day if we're to have that giant get-together one day [Confused]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djcsuperstar pretty much named all the camp movies I like. Does Space Camp count? It wasn't really a camp movie, but camp is in the title. [Razz]

I myself like the camp movies that deal with serial killers and whatnot, like Summer Camp Nightmare and Sleep Away camp. You should check those out.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Never heard of Summer Camp Nightmare, I'll have to find that one, thanks!!
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Summer Camp Nightmare, with Chuck "the rifleman" Conners, a total classic.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Gorp' with Dennis Quaid.

'Poison Ivy' with Michael J Fox.

And the rather bizarre 'Oddballs' with *ahem* Michael McDonald [Confused] Don't let it's seeming obscurity fool you, it has a solid 2.8 IMDB rating. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked up "camp" on IMDb.com and found this. Just read the plot it's pretty funny if you ask me,so check it out here.

Anyway, there are some other camp movies that I came across that I haven't seen in a long while. I'll have to check them out again.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is sort of a camp movie : "White Water Summer"(87') with Sean Astin and Kevin Bacon. I think it is really good and always reminded me of what happened one time I went camping..... It is not the traditional summer camp deal but more of a camping trip gone awry.
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White Water Summer is great movie Tresfoxy! I had forgotten that one!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Retrotunes.com
Rewind Curious
Member # 1997

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Retrotunes.com   Author's Homepage   Email Retrotunes.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Troop Beverly Hills with Shelley Long was camp based.
Posts: 7 | From: American in London | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out The Burning...equal to if not better than the Friday the 13ths. If anybody cares, it has Jason Lively (Rusty from National Lampoon's European Vacation, Night of the Creeps), Jason Alexander (George from Seinfeld) and Fisher Stevens (My Science Project, Short Circuit) plus Savini special FX [Razz]
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home