iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The best thing about renting 80's movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The best thing about renting 80's movies
Roundpeg
Rewinder
Member # 1960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roundpeg   Email Roundpeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading a lot of posts about 80's movies that I haven't seen before. So, tonight I went to the store and looked through all the old VHS movies that hardly anyone rents because we've all seen them a million times. Anyway, I found several that I've seen mentioned on here and a few that I just wanted to see again. I got the 5 movies for 5 nights for 5 dollars deal. That is the best deal about liking retro movies!

Oh! I also saw Ice Pirates on TV tonight. On Turner Classic Movies of all places! Who would've thunk it? I was so pumped!

Posts: 37 | From: Grew up in Florida (Go Dolphins!) Live in Germany | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What we all should do, is pick a night, and pick a movie we all like, and then everyone agree to watch it on the same night! That would be funny, a friend of mine told me about this site-I think it's called Masshysteria or something, I never checked it out, where people agree to go in to like Wal-Mart all at once, and buy something small like a pencil or a record, or everyone run outside and do the wave, does anyone else know about this??? Well, it would be like our own 80's version of mass hysteria!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roundpeg
Rewinder
Member # 1960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roundpeg   Email Roundpeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be cool. Then the movie would be fresh in everyone's mind and we could all talk about the scenes we loved the most.

By the way, Isis is about to hit 400! Preemptive congrats!

Posts: 37 | From: Grew up in Florida (Go Dolphins!) Live in Germany | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ice Pirates, I haven't seen that movie in years. I love when the guy gets the huge fro at the end.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home