iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite 80's board game

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 80's board game
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We used to play board games all day long, over summer vacation, or put puzzles together. Here's some games I loved:

PayDay
Life
Trouble
Monopoly
Clue
The Mad Magazine Card Game
Uno
Battleship
Chess
Perfection
Boggle

My favorite new game to play with a group of people is: Scattergories

There was a game that was my favorite, and I found it on Ebay, but always get outbid on it:
It was the peanutbutter and jelly game.

Did you guys play games too?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite games are Clue; Life; Uno; Sorry; and Chinese Checkers.

It is funny that this question was asked. It really made me reminise (sp) about when I would go to my mom's best friend's house and play with her daughters that were older than my sister and I. I remember playing Uno for hours.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CLUE, LIFE, AND UNO [Big Grin]

i have so many different version of clue. it's actually my favorite. no one else i know likes it.

and uno..hehe i remember staying up so late playing that game over and over with some friends, watching 80s movies. good times.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roundpeg
Rewinder
Member # 1960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roundpeg   Email Roundpeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uno, was a great one. It seemed as a kid you could play that forever. Now that I'm older I can't. I still like Sorry and of course Monopoly. You can only play that every once in a while, though.
My mom taught me how to play Backgammon and Cribbage on summer vacation one year and we would play every summer after that. That reminds me of the great summer house we used to get in Nags Head, North Carolina. Just down the road from Kitty Hawk. Man, it was beautiful there. Right on the beach.

Posts: 37 | From: Grew up in Florida (Go Dolphins!) Live in Germany | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Great concept, bad game, Mouse Trap, and Fireball Island, both took a long time to set up. Not that great to play though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Clue but there was a game I played that wasn't as popular as some of the other games. It was called Go For it and you had to pick a career and then you could buy sports cars, big houses, jet skis etc. [Smile]

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewitem.php3?gameid=4382

Look at the pic of the box on that site ^ sooooo 1980's.

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trivial Pursuit was all the rage in the 80's and I played it all the time and even picked up a few of the sub-sets. Good times.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely Clue, great movie too!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, I love Clue and have a few versions too! I like The Simpsons Clue. Sorry! is up there for me.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home