iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What other interests do you all have?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What other interests do you all have??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from the 80's, I just wonder if we all share other interests.

I love decorating, the best things on t.v are the home make-over shows, like Trading Spaces and While you were out, but my new favorite is Clean House on the Style Channel.

I like all kinds of music not just the 80's, I like alot of the 70's music even better, like easy listening music like Firefall and Bread.

I like rollerskating, biking, hiking, bowling, swimming, tennis, raquetball, mini golfing, playing board games or trivia games.

I like baking and cooking, and trying new recipes, or even just trying new foods.

I love animals, we have a pet ferret named Bindy, and an aquarium.

I love antiques.

How about the rest of ya, what do you do in your free time??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am very much into collecting music (80s, classic rock, and hard rock).

i love watching sports and attending events or games. mostly boxing, tennis, and football. tennis is my favorite. i like to play it as well.

i go to concerts at least once a month. i am into the local scene, and have family members who are in bands that perform around the valley. so going to see them, is big fun for me.

i like sitting at my desk, listening to my headphones...drawing pictures..old album covers or whatever comes to mind. and even coloring in coloring books.

i also like games: win, lose, or draw..pictionary and mostly entertainment trivia games.

i used to rollor skate when i was younger, but i haven't done it in so long. i skated for hours every weekend at a skating rink in phx.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm kind of a tomboy because I collect comic books and action figures. I also like to write and act. Other than that, I'd consider myself a boring person.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, If I ever do move to the valley of the sun where would you reccommend going to see concerts? I'm more interested in the mid to smaller sized venues where I can see the good 80's hair metal bands play or the new up and coming bands.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love, love, love to play soccer! It takes up a lot of my time afterschool, at night, and on the weekends. I love to collect rare River Phoenix stuff too, although that's kinda sad. Like Ronnie, I'm into the local scene too. As a matter-o-fact I'm hittin a show this weekend. I also love to write. I'm the best at poetry, but I think after I take some classes I could be a pretty screenplay writer. I also love to read. Right now I'm reading a book called Youth In Revolt, w/out a doubt the most hilarious book I've ever read.(this says alot) Anyone who wants funny, perv, humor written in an extensive vocabulary must check it out! heheheheh. Besides this which is a lot, I like to swim and hang out w/ my friends and my pup.

Tootles! [Wink]

P.S. I collect Betty Boop stuff aswell.

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a pretty creative person, artistically too, I can draw anything. I took oil painting classes for years, and won some 1st place ribbons, in different contests. I almost went to school to be an art teacher. But I always hated art history, and pottery and alot of the other things I had to take with art in high school, it was too much of a hobby to be a profession. I think I am pretty good at interior decorating. I have had people all week long, come to my house and knock on my door, cause they can't believe my Halloween decorations, so I end up bringing them in to tour my house, my friends have said I should charge admission. No one can believe the magnatitude of stuff I have. I guess you could say I am obsessed with Halloween. I have this bride dummy out on the Balcony, and between the two pillars below the balcony is a huge spiderweb, and then I have this giant spider, wired to the railing, and it looks like her pet. There are lights all around the balcony. I made a Frankenstein, on the side of my house, I took a pair of jeans, and a Halloween t-shirt and nailed them to the house, then took a cut out Frankenstein head decoration, and then used a plastic pumpkin to make him look like a trick or treater, and I made a big werewolf under my light in the yard, and there is a whole fall scene, with a hay bail, and cornstalks, and pumpkins, and mums, and other halloween items, kids come here everyday to check it out. I took this huge white sheet that I had used as the display in the magazine I was just in, and threw it up over this big park light, and tied it, and it looks like this giant ghost. Every windows has those window silhouettes in them, if you have never seen them, they are aesome, alot of people have asked where I got them, because they didn't know what they were. I got these cool signs, that you cut out of plastic, and they are all over my porch, they said things like, Notice party in progress; bring your own boos. My son loves that one! The inside is worse than the outside, even my bedrooms are all decorated somehow. I am hoping I can get some digital pictures, and then I will stick some on here. My mom says she can't even describe it to people, my friends all bring a ton of film. It is so fun, it's putting it all away that is a drag.
Oh well.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sam:

for smaller venues..

CELEBRITY THEATRE- (seated venue) there isn't a bad seat in the house because the building is a circle shape so it seems more personal with the stage in the middle. and a lot of older bands perform there.

DODGE THEATRE- same as the celebrity...

NITA'S HIDEAWAY- great venue. lots of smaller bands perform there..very good for local bands as well. (located in tempe)

i usually hear of the hair bands traveling with at least a few different bands together, and most of them end up at the CRICKET PAVILION. it's not that big, and it's outside.

THE BASH ON ASH- a small small venue where most of the local bands perform. big bands actually perform there as well, but it gets crowded quick. (tempe, as well)

hope that helps. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Math, Movies, Music and Miscellaneous.

That and sports pretty much comprise all of me.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I like M& M's too Devo, hehehehe.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The 4 M's, that is how I usually describe myself to my students.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to draw and paint. My house looks like an 80’s subway train because of my hobby.
Every once in a while I like to read a book ( sadly enough I only like Stephen King novels )
As for sports I love to watch boxing and tennis and every 4 years the world cup soccer.
Oh, and I love to learn new languages, I even used to speak Lakota once, but since you don’t hear that every day, I’ve forgotten most of it.

But the one thing I love most is just relax and listening to my favourite music...

Yeah, I know, I’m dull.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sad, the 80s is pretty much it for me. Music, I live for every new special edition 80s dvd that comes out, 80s tv reruns. The only other real interest is baseball, my other passion. I enjoy writing as well.

But mostly an entertainment related life [Smile]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really into movies. I could curl up in the corner of my couch and watch movies all day and be perfectly content.

I also like to play golf. I'm into a lot of other sports but I haven't done them in years; like water skiing, roller skating, raquetball, softball and tennis. I enjoy being outdoors. I like to go fishing too!

I love to do crafty things like cross stitching. I have so many pieces done and ready to frame or do something with that I could blow a lot of dough framing it all. [Smile] I enjoy it though and that's why I do it.

I like to spend time with my husband too. He's my best friend and just being around him makes me happy. (Oh don't get me wrong, it's not all perfect! There are days where I want him to leave me alone, but not for long. [Smile] )

Ali...where do you like to act? I like to act as well. That's another thing I haven't done in years. I'd love to get back into it, maybe I can find a local theater or something. [Smile]

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TKO, ur into soccer too? Awesome! I'm actually going to the women's world cup this sounday at the Home Depot Stadium. Sadly, it won't include the U.S., but its ok cuz four years ago I attended when they won!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you have fun, River [Smile]
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, I just got my degree in Interior Design. I'm more into the construction, industrial design side of design then decorating. Hey I also love antiques. Especially modern furniture.

Devo are you a math teacher? You know like most people I hated math in highschool. I had to take three math classes to get my degree. I love it now. I got A's in all three classes.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I tell ya if I still had my D J equipment I would love to play music for parties and get paid some serious duckets. But now I just kick it at home draw a little, I have some original cholo/chola cartoons I drew. I also help out my kids and coach in thier baseball season. And I love when we have a party and I break out the eighties records and have people come up to me and can't believe I have so many crates of records of the eithties and early ninties. [Big Grin]
Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
That's awesome that you draw Fontana...I wish I could. Good Luck w/ ur comics!

Tootles! [Wink]

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hobbies seem to revolve around music, sports, movies and art. I have an insatiable appetite for 80's music and movies where sometimes I have to get a grip on myself because I have a small room! I love computer art and graphics, which is what I do in my spare time when i'm not practicing guitar.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Yeah, Muffy, I am a math teacher, it's scary, no one likes math, I love it. I got my BS in it.

We are DEVO

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janette- I act mostly in local venues and theatres, and theater clubs and dinners. It's not big time or anything but it's allot of fun. I also do voice work for local radio stations and commercials. I used to work for a local television station interviewing Pro sports players from the NFL,NBA,MLB and the NHL and pretty much any other kind of sport. I loving acting the most though, it's an escape. Where do you act?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali...that sounds like a lot fun. I tried radio when I worked at a station as a copy writer. They told me my voice was too young sounding for some of the spots. But did they ever ask me when they needed a young voice...nooo... [Wink] I think the production coordinator liked to do those voices. She was a 60yr old woman but I think she liked having her voice altered to sound young. She never did though...oh well. [Smile]

I haven't done any acting since college. I took a class in theater. Before that it was just high school plays and stuff. I just moved to a new town so I may try to find a local theater or something to get involved in. I'm a tad shy so I have to muster up a lot of guts to go audition, but I know if I do I'd have fun at it.

I was also an extra in an independent film once. That was really cool. I happened across that one because my mom worked with a lady who's daughter was a producer for the movie. Fun! [Smile]

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
That sounds like fun! I hate auditions too. It seems you get rejected more than you get parts sometimes. I realize now that it's not because I'm not any good, I just may not be what they're looking for. It's a hard business, thats why I like local theatre groups. Its much more fun and you actually get to act.
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
I agree. I learned that really fast...I may not be what they want. I thought about having a career in acting, but there are a lot of people out there wanting the exact same thing. How many want to be like Julia Roberts and how many are?

I enjoy what I do for a living now but still have the bug, so I think I'll do the same thing and head for the local theater. [Smile]

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Good idea! it's so enjoyable. You get to have a life and still do something you love.

It's funny how some of the successful actors that are out there aren't even that good at acting. They have the right look or know the right people. There are plenty of actors out there today that I think stink at acting.

Well I hope you have allot of fun at yoour local theatre. it's so much rewarding being live in front of an audience. You can hear all their reactions and the applause is great! Good luck! [Smile]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home