iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What is the one thing you miss most about the 80's?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the one thing you miss most about the 80's?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine would definately have to be Friday night TV throughout the 80's. The Dukes of Hazard, Dallas, Falcon Crest, The Incredible Hulk, just to name a few. I miss appreciating the end of the week being able to sit and watch television with my family, even if I was only ten years old.

I also definately have to say that movies will never be the same again as they were in the 80's. Today's films about teenagers seem to lack the innocence of those displayed in films such as Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Footloose, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Maybe that is because I myself am getting older and it is difficult for me to view the kids today in the same light as I did in the 80's. After all Kevin Bacon is around 40 years old. But I will always think of him most as Ren McCormack.

What do you miss most?????? [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cs1992
Rewinder
Member # 694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cs1992   Email cs1992   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely miss the music. Modern and progressive rock owe themselves to cutting edge artists of the 80s. Their feats will never be duplicated.

I miss being able to buy gasoline for 70 cents a gallon too.

Posts: 45 | From: Norbolt, ND, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jlp937,
u are absolutely right when it comes to teen movies of the 80's. I'm 16, and I agree w/ u completely when u say that the teen movies of today lack something. For some reason, screenplay writers ran out of teen topics. Tragic..o so tragic!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just watched The Dukes of Hazzard and The Incredible Hulk today- I got new episodes from Columbia House-it's such an awesome way to relive it all. I forgot all the shows. The ones I watched today- The Hulk-it was: Homecoming and the second one was: The Snare. The Dukes we watched-the 1st episode was: Swamp Molly, and the 2nd was Luke's Love Story-with Roz Kelly-who I just mentioned was in New Years Evil, and Pinkie Tuscadero..I saw her a few years ago in an episode of The People's Court, where she had been beat up by someone, it was sad to see what her life became too.

I miss all my friends, from that time period, they all have gotten married, and we just lost touch...most of them were guys that were my good friends, and it's funny, how it is really hard to maintain oppposite sex relationships after you get married. That shouldn't be either, they were all my friends just like girls were. I hate loosing touch with people. That is what I miss most.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss MTV playing videos. When they played videos 24/7 they had their own unique niche. Now they're just another cable network.

I also miss my youth and not having as many responsibilities [Razz]

Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guitar Solos & 8-bit Nintendo.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss being a kid then. I was so carefree, no worries and all the fun things to do. I loved watching movies, playing outside and everything that came with the 80s (ie. 80s toys, games, movies and music).
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I miss the whole kind of new wave thing...the fashions, the music, the movies...Music is not nearly as innovative as it used to be. I sit here listening to 'Reach the Beach' by the Fixx...and the wedding singer soundtrack....great stuff..oh to reminisce about high school and how good and bad it was. my kids will never understand these things until they're probably my age. oh well..... [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sLoveBug
Rewinder
Member # 1607

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sLoveBug   Email 80'sLoveBug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do I miss most...I miss so much...The movies of course are firmly at #1...No teen movie now a days are weak in story..

The music was top notch also......There is nothing better that 80's music...All the love songs & the break-up songs...Hell even the just for fun songs...

And last but not least were the cartoons....Every single last one...BRING THEM BACK...

Posts: 39 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree on the 80's cartoons, they sucked. For good cartoons give me the 60's or 70's; Beavis and Butthead, Simpsons, and South Park.
Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Sam, how can you say that???? I love the 80's cartoons. South Park should be banned. I did like Beavis and Butthead long ago. But, I wouldn't put them in with Magilla Gorilla and Hong Kong Phooey and The Great Grape Ape.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hairbands8089
Senior Rewinder
Member # 216

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Hairbands8089   Author's Homepage   Email Hairbands8089   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without a doubt, the music of the 80's, namely 80's Top 40 and New Wave, and my favorite, all the Hairbands. Also, the John Hughes films of the 80's. Music of the 80's was very unique and will never be duplicated. All the John Hughes films were classics. I wish that era never had to end. [Cool] [Razz]
Posts: 53 | From: South Louisiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I simply miss everything: my ex-girlfriend, my youth, the music, the movies,... even school, but the question was one thing well, then it has to be: The highdays of Breakdancing ,… I absolutely loved it and yes,… I did some head spinning myself.
Hey wait, there might be a connection with the head spins and the fact that I have forgotten so many things,… [Eek!]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Big Hair Metal. You know:Poison,Whitesnake, Def Leppard,Motley Crue......I still go see these acts when they come around. I also miss that whole metal look...I still try to get away with gettin my hair high every once in awhile.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I miss breakdancing too. I remember for my cousin's 16th birthday, we had a pool party at my house. It was so great, she had a Michael Jackson cake, and wore a red and black short outfit, with his picture on it. And we decorated up our patio, and had a piece of linoleum and a flashing stop sign, and other lights, and crepe paper, and we had a blast, cause a friend of ours, could really breakdance great, and we all did it-attempted to. The moonwalk! We had a ton of fun. We played volleyball, and toasted marshmellows, and it was great! I don't understand why breakdancing phased out. It was a great way to stay in shape, it was fun, and gave kids something to do, and not get in trouble.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home