iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » History of the World Part 1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: History of the World Part 1
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was telling someone about this film the other day because he had never seen it. I thought I'd suggest it to anyone else who hasn't seen it either. It's a great comedy written by and starring Mel Brooks. I love Mel Brooks movies, the humor and things he got away with in his movies is unheard of now. Anybody else a fan of Mel Brooks movies?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROBIN HOOD MEN IN TIGHTS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

This movie is my favorite...can't help but laugh like a goof when I see this movie...
"Do you know Praying Mantis?"

Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are two classics for the ages. If you have not seen either of these two movies do yourself a favor and rent or buy them ASAP, you won't be dissappointed. History of the World is good too, but not in the same league as Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.
Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young Frankenstein is so good. Add it to my eBay wishlist.

Blazing Saddles is one movie that they'd never be able to make these days - which is a shame. cos it's so funny. The trouble is, critics spend so much time saying that it's racist, and uses abusive terms, that they really don't stop for long enough to see that it's us 'whiteys' that are the real dumb ones! It's as anti-racist a movie that you'll ever see. And believe me, I see it regularly (it used to be on my wishlist!)

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I tend to agree with all of you. Spaceballs, great great movie. History of the world is awesome and Blazing Saddles, Too amazing.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blazing Saddles and Robin Hood: Men In tights are fantastic!

Unlike some other Robin Hood's, I can speak w/ an English accent.

Get's me every time!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot about Spaceballs. Silent Movie is pretty decent also.
Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blazing sadles is my favorite of his movies, but they all are hilarious. No race or culture is safe from Mel Brooks.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home