iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » HELP PLEASE- some movies i wondered about but never saw

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP PLEASE- some movies i wondered about but never saw
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i am on my way to the vid store this week. i haven't rented in a while, but i have scoped out some movies that i plan on renting..or maybe buying. i will list them. please, if you have seen them...let me know what your opinions are:

thrashin' - shame on me. i never saw it before.

how i got into college - i think i may have seen the ending because all i remember is the very last song they play, "love changes everything."

hot pursuit- it has john cusack, whom i love.

sleepaway camp- i know there are like 3 of these, but i figure i would start with the first.

thanks to you all.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only one of those I have seen is Sleepaway Camp, and what I even remember is that it was very very low budget. But, I know that it has a large cult following, so it must appeal to alot of people.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own the DVD for "Hot Pursuit" and I really enjoy breaking it out occasionally. If you are a John Cusack or "Lion Sleeps Tonight" fan this is a movie for you. It is definitely an early John Cusack endeavor and not in the league of "Say Anything", but it's entertaining none the less.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Sorry I have not been here in a bit, friggin AOL problems but the good news is... I'm BACK

Ok good movies to even think about getting. I am the man for this job.

Thrashin'-- A good movie, but there is plenty of cheese and bad acting. Buy the DVD, that is worth it. Especially for the commentary.

How I got into College -- OK, I have been waiting for this to come out on DVD forever. They don't even play it on HBO anymore. This movie rocks. A kid trying to get into school by making a movie for his acceptance tape to get in. It's too funny.

Hot Pursuit -- Great movie, not Cusacks best, but it is worth buying to say the least.

Sleepaway Camp -- the acting blows but the movie rocks, 80's horror at its worst and therefore best.

Watch em, Stack em, Trade em with your friends.

Collect all 4.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isis: i have read the same thing about sleepaway camp. i heard it had some surprise ending too.

thanks for the responses everyone. i think i plan on seeing them all. if i can find them all at decent prices, i might just buy them right away. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And my 2 cents...

Thrashin I saw 5 minutes of as a kid and turned off;

Sleepaway Camp is ok for its budget as others have said. The ending IS a corker;

How I got into college was a big disappointed from the guy who brought us the great Better off Dead and One Crazy Summer;

And Hot Pursuit is a pretty cool Cusack offering. Kind of an adventure flick with some comedy in it.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh, I thought How I Got Into College was just OK...nothing great. Decent by itself, but to me, it doesn't even COMPARE to Savage Steve Holland's first two flicks, Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer.
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

ya better off dead and once crazy summer were both marvelous. i am going to try them all out since i have always wondered about them. thanks for your input, everyone!
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sleep Away Camp is a must see! I guess they are in production for a new one as we speak. The original Ricki is said to be on board but not sure about the original Angela. Either way, rent it today!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ronnie.. how about an update?

Did you ever watch Thrashin' and Hot Pursuit?

I'm actually a fairly big fan of Thrashin' .. didn't mention it years ago ..

I still watch Hot Pursuit every once in awhile.. but it is quite an uneven flick.

I watched How I Got Into College recently and it was actually better than I remembered.

Sleepaway Camp is a cult classic .. that end is the thing of nightmares.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

wow valley this is OLD!!!! haha
and sorry didn't catch this re-up before...

i own thrashin now.. my daughter likes it more than me, but love josh brolin. [Wink]

i did see how i got into college and also own it, lara flynn boyle (sp) was is cute to me in this one, along with poltergiest 3. it's a good 80s movie and i still love the song at the end. [Smile]

i saw sleepaway camp, but do not own it. funny enough, it is in my netflix queue as we speak, along with critters (part 1). i have already started on my halloween movie watching!

i never saw hot pursuit, and when i went looking for it on netflilx a while back, i ended up watching H.O.T.S. instead, i will have to try getting around to seeing it.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love How I Got into College and love that song at the end.....I just looked it up...."Love Changes Everything" Simon Climie

Was it in a another movie too? IMDB doesn't say? I swear it is?

3 out of 4 in 7 years not bad Ronnie [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I love How I Got into College and love that song at the end.....I just looked it up...."Love Changes Everything" Simon Climie
'Climie Fisher'. Simon Climie was in 'Naked Eyes' (he's passed away now). I'm massively nostalgic for that song. That, Brother Beyond's 'The Harder I Try' and Danny Wilson's 'Mary's Prayer' all send me into convulsions of nostalgia for the summer of '88.

HIGiC is a mini classic.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was my bad typing job of looking at who wrote the song on IMDB not who preformed the song [Smile] haha bad move eh?

Simon Climie and Rob Fischer haha

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home