iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Lost Boys Sequel? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lost Boys Sequel?
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Copied and Pasted from Zombiekeeper...

From Bloody Disgusting:

Dark Horizons reports, "Gregory Cannon talked with Sight + Sound magazine about the current status of the sequel to Joel Schumacher's classic 80's horror flick: "They've been talking about it for years, and I think it's only recently that Joel decided he'd take a back seat and just produce on it. One idea was to have the whole cast all female, another was to be a prequel, but I think the one we're going ahead with is the straight sequel. I think that's what fans would want most". Will they replace any of the old actors? "No why? How's it going to look if Corey Haim suddenly doesn't look like Corey Haim, or Feldman's not Feldman. That's who you mean isn't it?"

www.darkhorizons.com

www.Bloody-Disgusting.com

don't know much about this,..rummor perhaps? what do you guys think, or has anyone heard or read anything similar?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like just rumours to me, this is the first I've ever heard about it, but then again, if it has a hint of truth to it, that's be great. [Smile]
Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Sorry guys, but leave well enough alone, that window was closed sometime back in 92. It just seems like 10 bucks that I will never spend.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Things - Joel Schumacher?

Wasn't the original bad enough ? (seem to be in a huge minority as regards 'The Lost Boys' [Smile] )

Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the Lost Boys, what was wrong with it? It was a great movie. They should have done a sequel soon after, not now, it's too late. But, they could make another movie with the same concept, which they probably have done, but ruined it with too much computer generated effect crap.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys dosent need a sequel. It's audience was satisfied with what they already saw. A sequel is like dragging out the ending of a really good movie and taking it nowhere but down. It takes away from the climax of the first. Very few sequels work because they have a story to tell. To me the Lost Boys story is done and i'm fine with that.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Banshee:
2 Things - Joel Schumacher?

Wasn't the original bad enough ? (seem to be in a huge minority as regards 'The Lost Boys' [Smile] )

i thought lost boys was fine. just out of curiosity, what did you not like about it?

and i agree that a sequel is unnecessary. it was rumored, so take it for what it is...a rumor.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys is one of the best movies to come out of the 80's! What's not to like? The soundtrack was completely awesome aswell. The sequel sounds like a terrible idea!!! It just would never measure up w/out the original cast! Chrimity, Hollywood is on a real originality streak lately!lol.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE IT!
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i thought lost boys was fine. just out of curiosity, what did you not like about it?
Ronnie,
saw it during an all-day/night horror festival when it first came out. It had the misfortune of being on the same bill as 'Near Dark' and, I think, Carpenter's 'Prince of Darkness'. It didn't compete. I like my vampire flicks bloody...
It's around here where I go into a rant all style/no substance etc. etc. [Smile]

Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love love love it,but feel no need for a sequal. It was perfect as it was,it told its tale in 2 hours or less,and had a rockin soundtrack. They are never going to find 2 faces as perfect as young Kiefer Sutherland and Jason Patricks...leave it alone.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retrohpink
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1832

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for retrohpink   Author's Homepage   Email retrohpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please not a sequel. I bet its gonna suck if its true.
Posts: 65 | From: lisbon, portugal | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cory Haim will have a little more money for drugs then.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooo...harsh!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was bloody- the scene where they attack the group of biker/party people by the fire, that freaked me out-that was creepy-I can't watch it. The old Black and White Dracula did and still does scare the heck out of me. I thought that was more creepy than stuff out today.

I would love to see Corey Haim doing more movies, or at least happy- and not hear the drug stories, and how they went bankrupt and lost everything, that is sad. They have so much talent to be living on the streets.

Look at what happens to celebrities, it has too be such tremendous pressure, that we can not even grasp it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is due out next week on DVD. Anyone else plan on picking this up?
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

haha wow, you dug up this old thread.. and look what happened.. they actually did make it! [Smile]

i don't know... i'm undecided as to whether or not i will attempt to watch it.
what do you guys think?

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think Im gonna watch it.

UNLESS.....a whole horde of you guys come back and say "Wow! It was awesome!" and then I MIGHT.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

- posted      Profile for Nada   Email Nada   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original Lost Boys is one of my absolute favorite movies! That being said, I'm skipping number 2. Whenever they make sequels\remakes of classic 80's movies nowadays, they never have the same magic as the original.
Although it would be cool to see the Frog Brothers again.... Feld-Dogg's always been around, but it's nice to see Jamison Newlander back. I'm probably in the minority on this one, but he was always my fave of the 2 brothers. Loved those toughguy faces!

Posts: 51 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to watch it just out of curiosity.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im defo gonna watch it also out of curiosity, the trailer is on youtube nd by the looks of it only the coreys r in it out of the first cast [Frown] no jason patrick or keiffer which is a shame!
[Smile]

Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
however i do luv the coreys [Smile]
Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by missalexis89:
im defo gonna watch it also out of curiosity, the trailer is on youtube nd by the looks of it only the coreys r in it out of the first cast [Frown] no jason patrick or keiffer which is a shame!
[Smile]

What language are you speaking? "nd" "defo"

Just curious...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think "nd" is "and" and "defo" is "definitely." Am I correct?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by missalexis89:
[Smile]

Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ZFA4tOntfE

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home