iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Bands/ Songs (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's Bands/ Songs
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Oh, by the way, the rest of T'Pau is
T'Worst.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip. If I see the greatest hits I won't t'buy it. You've been rubbing off of me Devolution, I just picked up Devo's greatest hits yesterday and am going to pick up Devo's greatest misses this weekend.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Word to the wise, The Greatest Misses aren't worth it. Buy Freedom of Choice or Q:Are we not men before you buy that. It's really not that great of an album. It took me forever to find it and be disappointed

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo-yep your right-of course-it's Wanted Dead or Alive. I loved that video, I used to have a thing for Ritchie Sambora! I liked the whole Slippery When Wet albumn.Heart and Soul was the only T'Pau song I knew. I also liked Survivor, did I mention them?

Also, I love Kiss- their greatest hits. AC/DC-Back in Black, and Ozzy Osbourne's-Crazy Train and Shot in the Dark.

Did anyone else have a jukebox in their high school cafeteria? We did, I think in 9th grade all that played was Men at Work's who can it be now?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

In 1993, I don't think they would even think about a jukebox (hero) in the cafeteria. Survivor Rocks, So does AC/DC. Who can it be now? is the first song that I ever remember memorizing. I was 7. The first song I knew the chorus to was 50 ways to leave your lover.

OH god.

We are DEVO

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you recommend Devo Hardcore Vol 1 and 2, I heard it sounds like the Residents. I was told to avoid the Devo E-Z listening disc, that it's Devo Muzak or something.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, i don't think INXS was mentioned. do you guys like? they had some good stuff.

2 bands that i could not stand:

the bangels and the go-go's.

i can tolerate "vacation" by the go-go's.
both bands still tour, infact.

i have the valley girl soundtrack and more music from from valley girl as well. all the songs on both cds are great. josie cotton, gary myrick and the figures, the sparks, the plimsouls, and bonnie hayes all had a coulpe of songs each on those discs.

ever payed attention to the words for "angst in my pants"? hahaha good times.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
2 bands that i could not stand:
the bangels and the go-go's.

I did like 'We Got The Beat' by the Go-Go's. [Embarrassed]
This song is so out of tune that it becomes great. It's also the intro song from 'Fast Times @ Ridgemont High' though I don't think it's on the soundtrack.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

That would be correct. I have the soundtrack, We got the beat, and American Girl by Tom Petty aren't on the soundtrack. I think those are the only two that aren't.

Oh, I like the GoGo's and the Bangles. Not to listen to at home, but good to blast in the car if it's on.

We are DEVO

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to forget 'Moving in Stereo' by The Cars, Devolution.
It's the song that is played during the famous pool scene. (when Phoebe Cates is taking her top off.) [Roll Eyes]

Great song!

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

I should be SHOT BY FIRING SQUAD! How do I forget that. I bought the Cars first album to get that song.

We are DEVO

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys remember the song Cars by Gary Neuman. I love that song.

Do you guys remember any of these albums, they came out in 1980:

Rock 80, Hitline, and Soundwave. They had a variety of different music on them. I remember me and my brother fighting over who got which ones, I also had wanted ABBA's greatest hits that year- I still like them too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember i wanted to buy the fast times soundtrack at some point because of the music. i did notice right away that the cars and the go-go's were not on it. but jackson browne's "somebody's baby" is...that song is niiiiiiice.

isis, i really used to like "cars", by gary nueman (sp?) but i have come to dislike it over the years. i think the reason may be that the song gets very dull & long towards the end. but it is definitely a good 1 hit wonder.

what about fleetwood mac? does anyone like them? they are 70s, 80s, 90s, and still making music. i saw them in concert a few months ago. it was magical.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Gary Numan.

We are DEVO

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Ronnie- I love Fleetwood Mac- I have just about everything they have ever done. Love Them!!!!

I think I wrote about the one song from Fast Times -I have the soundtrack on CD- my favorite is Sleeping Angel-by Stevie Nicks.

I love Leather and Lace by Stevie, and I love some of their 80's songs: Sara, Fireflies-is one of my favorites-I bet alot of people don't know that one.

I love Stop Draggin my Heart around with Tom Petty- I also like Don't Do me like that-Tom Petty.

Does anyone remember the song Pilot of the Airwaves? That was the first 45 record I bought.

Then I got The Tide is High, and I love a Rainy Night.

I used to remember Juice Newton- Angel of the Morning was a big hit.

Babe-by Styx was a biggie when I was in 6th grade.

Does anyone remember when everyone said KISS-stood for Knights In Satan's Service?? I remember that in 6th grade, and that Gene Simmons tongue was such a big deal.

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

I have Pilot of the Airwaves on CD somewhere, I don't know how I do, I just do, I will let you know if it is the right one though.

I love sleeping angel too, speaking of well placed songs in the movie.

That is the best one.

We are DEVO

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home