iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Witness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Witness
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is another one of my favorites-that I haven't seen yet mentioned here. I was in the Philadelphia train station, right after this movie was made, and the scene at the beginning, where the Amish boy sees the murder, takes place in the train station bathroom. I remember this was the first trip I ever took, anywhere as a travel agent, and my room mate was going on a cruise to the Bahamas, we had gone to Washington DC for the weekend, she left by plane from there . So, I had to come home alone, and change trains there, and it freaked me out. But, I think it was a really good movie, and I never get tired of watching it over and over.

Does anyone else have real life movie experiences? Like a movie being filmed near where you lived?

My Aunt who lived in Vermont, got to see alot of movies filmed there- 1 was Ghost Story- it's from the 80's. More recently- What Lies Beneath was Filmed there, and pieces of the movie had been filmed in the town her kids went to school at.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that experience..when 1 time in Hawaii (Oahu) and there were these people filming a movie..so they had to stop the pedestrians to do filming...but I was in a hurry so I did not get to know the Title...and several times when I was in Tokyo and Hakone. I guess it doesn't count if you do not the title of the movie they filmed...
Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Belauan,
Do you have a job that you get to travel alot? Have you been here to the United States ever? The farthest-sp? I have ever been was Hawaii-I went to the 4 major islands. I use to always want to go to Austrailia, but after flying to Hawaii, and realizing how much further it was, I decided I was too chicken. There are so many places to go to, even in my home state that you can never get everywhere. I think another great thing about this site is that everyone is from all over the place, it doesn't seem like any of us are very close to each other, that we are ever going to run in to each other at McDonald's (hahahaha)
I am opening a Bed N Breakfast in May 2004- it would be really cool if we could have a Fast Rewind get together, but because of the distances of everyone, it seems almost impossible. [Frown]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice to get together...so then, we can talk about other things besides 80's stuff...There are lot genius on site and I bet they can help us with anything....

I have never been to the States.(mainland)..and I have not been to lot of places...I went to school in Tokyo for 2 yrs...and...Hawaii, I've been there a couple of times for vacation....Maybe next destination will be the States or Europe...

Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by isis9968:
I use to always want to go to Australia, but after flying to Hawaii, and realizing how much further it was, I decided I was too chicken.

Hi, I'm sorry if this is going off-topic for a while but I just wanted to say I’m not an aviation hero myself.
I dreamt my whole life of visiting Santa-Fe.
A few years ago I got a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit Arizona and New-Mexico with some friends. I only had to pay for my plane ticket, the rest was all taking care off. We were planning to visit Santa-Fe as well, since it’s not that far away from where we should have stayed. I was really looking forward to this trip (which I already paid for), but a few days before the departure I got so scared I backed out.
Now that was 500 dollars well spend,…Pretty stupid don’t you think? But I just couldn’t deal with the idea to spend more than 10 hours in a plain. [Embarrassed] ( I still hate myself for it, cause the others had the time of their lives )
This brings me back to another topic we had: Which 80’s character are you most like?
Well, when it comes to flying,… BA Baracus, from the A-Team. You have to sedate me to fly. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
TKO-
I know what you mean, my Aunt just moved to Arizona, and wants me to come visit, but I just can't get myself pysched up enough to get on a plane ever again. The first time I ever flew, was to Vermont to see her there, and when we landed, my ears never popped, from the pressure, and I couldn't hear for hours when I first got there, it was such a creepy feeling. But, to drive there from where I live would be a long long trip, so it bums me out, I wish I wasn't such a chicken.

TKO- Does that stand for Turbo, Kelly, Ozone?? I have wanted to know that for like forever, cause Breakin is my favorite 80's movie.?????

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Isis,
My nick has sort of an accidental history...
Originally TKO stood for Technical Knock Out ( I’m a boxing fan ) so
it had nothing to do with 80’s stuff at all. At the time I became a member it was all I could come up with…it was short and it sounded good. but when I saw Breakin’ again last month, I noticed for the first time that they wear these t-shirts that say T,K,O.
So that was pretty cool, now I have at least the feeling that my nick stands for something out of a movie I like very much.
So if you ask me NOW, does it stand for Turbo, Kelly, Ozone? Yes it does! [Smile]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
TKO,

Don't worry about being scared of flying..coz, I'm an islander...lived 30 yrs of my life in the islands..and yet I can't dive because I'm scared of the sharks...very funny, huh? Even some people I know, can't swim or afraid of being in water and have lived all their life here...

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am scared of sharks,and I live nowhere near an ocean. I have lots of phobias.

TKO- That's cool, that your name did work out like that. In the one scene in Breakin 2- Ozone yells TKO! after they dance with Electro Rock. It never hit me what he meant, until I saw the t-shirts too, and I realized it stood for Turbo, Kelly and Ozone.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home